2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most sentimentally ludicrous signing we've ever made.

What an abject epitome of the last three seasons' 'too much money/too little common sense' folly.

I hope this marks the end of Bill Kenwright's long running Merseyside production 'Owt will do, if it's a has-been blue' and the return of nil satis nisi optimum.

Timing is everything just was not meant to be the ' Gwyladys street hero' and what with a new broom sweeping through probably best if he goes.

Mad that he’s effectively cementing the end of his career this week whilst Ronaldo is at the WC cementing his legacy as potentially the best of all time, when Rooney was better than him at their first tournament

Mad that he’s effectively cementing the end of his career this week whilst Ronaldo is at the WC cementing his legacy as potentially the best of all time, when Rooney was better than him at their first tournament

Trudging through 16 season of English football, surprised he can still walk, should have moved to warmer climates like the formentioned...

..I was a fan, I still am a fan. I don’t think we won a game without Rooney in the side last season. I will never feel bitterness towards him, i’ve loved watching him play football.

Saying that, it’s a new regime and i’m perfectly happy with the decision to move him on. Fine footballer but we need to be more dynamic if we are to progress into being a more effective team.

Don’t get the hate for him tbh. I’m well over him leaving us as a teenager, and let’s face it, he did the right thing.
Last season he was our top scorer and arguably our best outfield player. He certainly provided the highlights of a dismal season.
If he moves on, good luck to him, and let’s hope we put his wages to good use.

Status
Not open for further replies.