Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine not wanting to sign a player because the kopites might laugh, they spent actual money on rickie lambert, you soft weapons
I'd ignore them, I genuinely saw one crying (outside a burger king) when they re-signed Robbie Fowler. He was on the phone telling his mate ' He'll get us goals mate, goals. God is back'

A grown man crying because his team have signed some fat coke head.

I was in Aberystwyth today and when buying some stuff I was offered a free copy of the s*n.

I of course declined. Sales assistant asked me why and I told him I was from liverpol. He said he was an RS supporter, I told him I was a fan of the mighty blues, he went on to wish me a great new season with our new exciting squad, I wished him all the best on his forthcoming relegation battle, hoping they would lose it.

No sense of humour some people.

Just looking at his stats from last season on whoscored.com. Compared him with Barkley as they played mostly in similar positions last season and there's actually very little between them.

5 goals and 5 assists from 21 starts and 13 sub appearances! Barkley had the same goals and 3 more assists - in almost twice the amount of game time!

Ross dribbles more and more key passes but Rooney has slightly better pass completion, dispossessed less and roughly half as many poor touches per game. As Rooney was the more peripheral figure last season, often played out wide, these stats are very surprising. Here's the comparison of their attacking contributions:

screenshot_www_whoscored_com_2017_07_05_15_45_31.png

Rooney does have better attacking options around him at United though.

But does prove he's useful.

£26m? is he on £500k per week?

He's on and estimated £250k per week, £12m per year, if UTD give him £2.5m pay off and we pay him the reported £125k p/w then in total he will have revcived around £8.5m.

I'm willing to bet it's more because he doesn't want to commit to Everton's £125k p/w after this season.

He can trigger a year extension to his contract so it is around 25m.

CAN WE HAVE SOME FORMATIONS PLEASE @MorgsGoat MEIN TACTICS FRANDEL

Im really pondering Van Frandelino, these Rooney and Sigi deals have thrown me a little, both, you would THINK, are better as a 10, which would maybe suggest a 4-2-3-1

Pickford
Kenny - Keane - Williams - Baines
Morgan - Besic
Klaasen - Rooney - Sigi
Sandro
Of course Sigi could replace Rooney, Rooney replace Sandro and thats without trying to add the big nosed Frenchman.

But its ALMOST possible to stick them in a 4-3-3 as well

Pickford
Kenny - Keane - Williams - Baines
Morgan
Klaassen - Sigi
Sandro - Giroud - Rooney
Options, lovely, lovely options, signing another CB would also open us up for a "better" 3 at the back formation :

Pickford
Keane -- BEAST -- Williams
Kenny ----- Morgan ----- Baines
Klassen - Rooney - Sigi
Giroud
I shall be watching with the eyes of the eagle.

He doesnt want a free transfer, he wants his dough, we cant pay him it, so hes "found" a way to get both his wishes, to return "home" and also get his dough.

In all seriousness are United really that happy about it?

Yes they get rid of a player they don't want. But they have to pay a bloody lot for the privilege.

I don't know why I'm arsed actually. Ignore.

Remember when Rooney took on the entire (slight exaggeration for effect) Leeds team and slotted at Elland Road.

ROOOOONNNEEEEEYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.