Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rooney believes he can still make an impact in the Premiership and at international level then he may come to Everton, if he believes that he can't make an impact then he will follow the money abroad.

A move abroad finishes his career at the top level and he knows that only too well.

If Rooney believes he can still make an impact in the Premiership and at international level then he may come to Everton, if he believes that he can't make an impact then he will follow the money abroad.

A move abroad finishes his career at the top level and he knows that only too well.

Well he has effectively been dropped by the club that finished 6th, and by Gareth Southgate.

To be honest, why doesn't he just stay there? He is apparently earning 15m a year and still has another year on his contract. United are desperate to get his wages off their bill to free up cash for replacements. Doesn't he hold the cards here?

Talk of an England comeback for the final qualifiers and the World Cup are fanciful. It's his pride and wanting to play that is now being used against him by United - they are relying on this to save c300k per week. He hasn't asked to be sold and has every right to pull in every pound he is contractually owed. For some you reap what you sow, he held United to ransom with his contract negotiations and his threats to leave for City and a perceived lack of ambition - little loyalty now being shown back in his favour and make no mistake his wage has become a problem.

He is well within his rights to stay, Mourinho says he doesn't want/need to sell him so why not stay? It would do their heads in.

Dunno which planet you're living on but I don't remember many times Butt was played instead of Scholes. Scholes was an amazing attacking midfielder. One of the best easily in the Premier League era. Fair enough if you didn't rate him but I think you're in a tiny minority of people who'd think that.

I never once said I didn't rate him, other than to say he was terrible at tackling, something which was actually a running joke throughout his career, a Paul Scholes tackle was basically a yellow card to anyone who wasn't called Paul Scholes.

And Ferguson did regularly use him as a central midfield player, years after he started out as a stiker, and he didn't always play. Later in his career he was probably always 1st on team sheet, but there were periods when he was super sub, and the main central midfield partnership was often Butt and Keane with Cole and York upfront, and Beckham and Giggs on the wings. Maybe my memory isn't what it was, but I'm confident of that, although we are talking about a near 20 year career here.

Anyway, back to the original point, I never said I didn't rate him, to the contrary, he was very good. But so is/was Wayne Rooney, who isn't given a fraction of the credit for his career that Scholes is given for his, despite also playing a great number of games for United in midfield and attacking midfield positions.

Maybe it will come after he's retired. Probably not, because he's from Croxteth not Oldham.

To be honest, why doesn't he just stay there? He is apparently earning 15m a year and still has another year on his contract. United are desperate to get his wages off their bill to free up cash for replacements. Doesn't he hold the cards here?

Talk of an England comeback for the final qualifiers and the World Cup are fanciful. It's his pride and wanting to play that is now being used against him by United - they are relying on this to save c300k per week. He hasn't asked to be sold and has every right to pull in every pound he is contractually owed. For some you reap what you sow, he held United to ransom with his contract negotiations and his threats to leave for City and a perceived lack of ambition - little loyalty now being shown back in his favour and make no mistake his wage has become a problem.

He is well within his rights to stay, Mourinho says he doesn't want/need to sell him so why not stay? It would do their heads in.

He has 2 years left.

IF he doesnt ask for the move, he will get a hefty "loyalty" bonus which will probably negate any loss in wages from signing for us.

Mirror saying tonight that BK wants this move but FM does not.

Either they're speaking tosh or the Everton hierarchy is as embarrassing as ever.

It should come down to Koeman and Walsh, and that's it. When the owner makes transfer decisions it's concerning. When the theatrical chairman does it's absolutely terrifying

Either they're speaking tosh or the Everton hierarchy is as embarrassing as ever.

It should come down to Koeman and Walsh, and that's it. When the owner makes transfer decisions it's concerning. When the theatrical chairman does it's absolutely terrifying

They are talking tosh.

They have their list off Ronny, neither of them would dare question it.

Walsh may be the one in Moshiri's ear telling him he's not worth it.

£21m in wages over 3 years, for a 31 year old. And that's before any transfer fee.

Rather than see them as embarrassing, I'm glad there's some people in the EFC hierarchy with some common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.