Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Deeney saying that about Everton it forces yo to think a player who would take account of that and absolutely leather him. Duncan cant do anything from the dugout. so who else is there....

ill wait.

Hes said it for that reason.

As much as it would be boss if somebody clatters him, the smart thing would be to keep 11 players on the pitch.

The big craphouse wont kick anybody, hes just all mouth.

Of course I wont be calling anybody stupid if they wanna snap his leg in half, but we need to be a bit clever here.

Watford is further away from Stockport than Liverpool...I dread to think the extent of homesickness Snail Keane will be feeling...
I might be going out on a limb here, but I reckon Watford will score from a free kick

1-1. Fortunately Watford fans are not savages like some of the Millwall lot. Silva will get some stick though. The best reply is to do it on the pitch.
Assuming Richarlison is picked, he will get a few kicks.. I would leave him out.
I think Richarlison will start, is why he gave him a rest on Wed, but i worry about his temperament on this one, they will no about his hissy fits and play for it, last thing we need is him getting a red and missing a few games inc the Derby.

The lads might just get fired up for this one in sympathy with the gaffer. They showed some spirit against City.

And we'll leapfrog the Hornets if we win.

I've told this story before,so if youre bored, move on. Many years ago,I was working in Watford,staying at a pub in town. Watford happened to have a friendly match against Wolves because Wolves had just bought a player from them, and the friendly was part of the deal. Elton John actually turned out for Watford, for the first 30 minutes...touched the ball half a dozen times,but Wolves were obviously not going to tackle him. After the game,I go to a pub for a beer, I'm standing at the bar, and this short guy in a nice suit comes next to me and orders a drink. Elton John. Before he was a world superstar. Had a brief chat with him about comic books...that was my business at the time, then he went to the piano in the corner of the pub, played a couple of tunes and left. That's all.

-----------------------pickford----------------------
kenny-------keane----------zouma-------digne
------------------------gana-------------------------
-------bernard-------mcarthy----------davies-------
------------richarlison--------lookman-----------

Compressed lines and battle for, and hold, the centre line through the pitch.

Gana to stay central and not ahead of Davies, Bernard, McCarthy

Forget pressing the backs. press the midfield.

Man up and keep it simple stupid - win or lose on skills and fight
And get lookman bit by a rabid dog, prematch.

Get the lead and around 65 bring on Gylfi for Bernard (or Bernard to Lookman's position)
And play a proper counter with Gylfi, Lookman, Richarlison (ala Drinkwater, Mahrez and Vardy)

McCarthy to take out Deeny.

Status
Not open for further replies.