"Watch Classic Matches Again"

This is the full piece.

I actually went to this, went everywhere with Everton back then. Remember it was raining (open end terrace)and Sharp scored a brilliant goal to win it near the end. Bit of a spiteful game, hostile home crowd, they had one, maybe even two players sent off after we scored? I suppose there weren't too many all ticket games back then, and obviously no Internet so the only way of knowing that it was all ticket would be by reading about it in the previous home match programme or an announcement in the echo which is why I would guess that quite a few of our fans who lived around the country would have been caught out when they turned up that afternoon? Oh, and the coach I was on crashed into someone's car as we were leaving Portsmouth (nothing serious thankfully) and we ended up being stuck there for ages before we could leave!

A 2-0 win at West Ham (29/02/1992 - a very rare leap year date game) thanks to goals from Maurice Johnston and the late Gary Ablett. As well as the goals, there's also footage of the protests during the game from some unhappy Hammers, something to do with a "bond scheme " they were bringing in amongst other things that were going wrong for them.
6:45 to 8:07 on the video.
Also only found out watching this video that Ray Atteveld had gone on loan to West Ham that season, I have absolutely no memory of that. Anyway, there's a fabulous clip in this video (just before the Everton footage) of him playing a back pass straight to a Sunderland player who scored on their way to knocking West Ham out of the FA Cup. So I'm not sure he'll be fondly remembered by them!

I enjoyed watching this more than any match since the 90s. Why? Everything is there.... Sheedy's left foot, Heath before he was broken, Bailey chugging everywhere, a young Southall starting his dynasty, referees in black, no play acting, no dives, no stickers all over the shirt, no shirt advertising spoiling the clean design, my favourite kit, Sheedy's left foot again, shots from range, cigars in the dugout, 1 sub, cigars in the director's box, thunder and guts, no dodgy refereeing, no over analysis, simple commentary, referee gets flattened. Proper football.

I enjoyed watching this more than any match since the 90s. Why? Everything is there.... Sheedy's left foot, Heath before he was broken, Bailey chugging everywhere, a young Southall starting his dynasty, referees in black, no play acting, no dives, no stickers all over the shirt, no shirt advertising spoiling the clean design, my favourite kit, Sheedy's left foot again, shots from range, cigars in the dugout, 1 sub, cigars in the director's box, thunder and guts, no dodgy refereeing, no over analysis, simple commentary, referee gets flattened. Proper football.

And Kingy💙

Arsenal 2 Everton 2, 18/11/1978. Everton remain the only unbeaten team in Division 1, Mickey Walsh still having bad luck in front of goal, Clive Thomas being the centre of attention - again, and for any tennis fans, an interview with the brilliant Vitus Gerulaitus who'd been at Highbury to watch the game.

This is what I miss. Commentators not looking for vague reasons to blame a defender for a goal unless a blatant error. Praise for a goal rather than blame for a goal. Unbiased refereeing mostly. The part I miss the most is all quick throws, free kicks not taking an age and free kicks not stood over like Johnny Wilkinson.
Honest tackles, dishonest tackles but not much milking. Players just getting on with the game