Waiting for answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I think an appropriate response would have been:

1) We are not aware of any problems regarding Andy Johnson's medical at Fulham. We are awaiting finalisation on the deal, but that is in Fulham's hands. We will update you once the deal is complete. Fulham would not pick up any injuries our medical experts wouldn't have. We carry out stringent tests on all players prior to signing them

2) At the moment Bill Kenwright is overseeing all matters previously dealt with by our former CEO, we do not envisage any impact on possible transfers during this period of transition.

3) The comments attributed to myself in the Portuguese press are inaccurate, we would not stipulate an absolute maximum bid with regards the transfer of a player as this would be detrimental to the negotiation process. However we do feel Sporting's value and terms of payement to be unrealistic and negotiations are still ongoing.

4) We understand that the press in England can sometimes sensationalise comments made by players and managers, and were interested to see the comments you quoted. We are not aware of any '2nd interview' given by our manager. I do not feel it appropriate to comment on any enquiries we may or may not make to the paper in question.

Rest assured we are doing everything in our power to ensure the excellent work of our manager over the last few seasons is built on, and we wish you an enjoyable season ahead.

Kind Regards
Ian Ross

See it wouldn't have been that hard now would it?!

I dont feel my questions were of a negative nature, just looking for some updates on whats going on.

Actually reading that back I think I should apply for Mr Ross' job :p

But if he did send you that reply, what has he said? What we already know. Minus a few details he'd have said nothing about cash, transfers, what the board are doing that hasnt already been reported.

Got a reply from Ian Ross:

Hello,

Rather sadly, after more than seven years of providing swift and personal responses to each and every email I received, I feel am no able to enter into correspondence.

Why? Simple really – I have had enough of the constant abuse and the persistent threats to myself and my family.

I apologise to those fair-minded supporters who seek nothing more than information, reassurance and confirmation – but enough is enough.

Rest assured – I HAVE read your email.

I hope you enjoy the forthcoming season.

Cheers,

Ian Ross

I bet he just sends that to the one's he doesn't want to respond to

Is that a wind up Andy? I am really shocked by that reply if its true, in many ways its really unprofessional and his remarks in many ways genrelise fans as being abusive, its far to personlised and really states a general feeling of division within the club of us (the club) and you (the fans).

I dont condone the belters who have made threats about him or his family, but i feel airing them online is frankly inapproriate and will do nothing but only make the situation worse by giving it a public airing.

I really feel he needs to be more professional in his reply's even if it is simply to give fans the brush of, a really poor and worrying response in my opinion!

He came on asking me and Danny if we knew how to get Si banned from the People's Forum. Obviously we can't and tried to help him out, and he was a bit short with Danny but cordial with me.

After reading some of the things said about him on that, I don't blame him for feeling pissed. Though PR is his job, and such a highly visible job, he should have some pretty thick skin.

He came on asking me and Danny if we knew how to get Si banned from the People's Forum. Obviously we can't and tried to help him out, and he was a bit short with Danny but cordial with me.

After reading some of the things said about him on that, I don't blame him for feeling pissed. Though PR is his job, and such a highly visible job, he should have some pretty thick skin.

Was that recently mate?

Not particularly fussed whether he should be more approachable or friendly in his responses, I for one would not put up with even one person making threats against my loved ones... totaly out of order and I would have taken the stand of refusing to answer e-mails if that happened to me too.

Its a shame that a few cretanus so called fans have done such a shameful thing. Its possible his replies and his attitude have become so unfriendly due to his constant barage of abuse... not sure as this is the 1st time i've e-mailed him, but if what he says is true I feel sorry for him. No-one at the club should have to put up with that no matter what the general opinion on them is.

Status
Not open for further replies.