Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Fenerbahçe fan over here. He was sacked from Fenerbahçe for many reasons.
His second term in Fenerbahçe started because our current president promised an AAA class manager to the fans. But, unfortunately, our current president is not capable of finishing the job or convincing anyone to anything.

He could not find any good managers and when the clock was already ticking for the new season he suddenly announced Vitor Pereira’s coming back. In his first term with our ex-president some people were thinking Pereira got so bad working conditions with no respect from the board and he should be given a second chance.

Well, we did it, after 5 years.

Vitor Pereira returned Turkey with a better mentality than 5 years ago. He was back than so aggressive, both when in bench or in media conferences. Now he was calmer, but still getting tilted when someone criticizes him or questions his decisions. He, unfortunately, thinks about others opinions on him more than his actual team‘s well-being.

The problems started when he, again, had fallouts with stars of the team. It came to the point that footballers openly told the board they do not want to work with Vitor Pereira. Vitor has a really bad record with stars; Robin Van Persie, Nani, Hulk and now Ozil are his most remarkable scandals.

He was so keen on his 3-4-3 this year that no matter what he did not flex it although Fenerbahçe did not have original wing backs. He converted two attacking wingers into wing backs. It worked, for a time. But when one of those converted guys got injury the team started skydiving. Whenever Vitor is losing a game you can count that more will come because he is really bad at recovering from the loss. Wikipedia is giving you guys a win rate but what it does not tell you is he was mainly fired from the clubs because of unexplainable lose streaks.
So if he loses his first three we are relegated?

Sorry mate, I mean no disrespect but I think that's largely nonsesnse

Having played in the Premier League has absolutely no correlation to being a successful manager in the Premier League at all. I'm not entirely sure why people get hung up on the whole "Premier League experience" thing anyway.

Lampard's CV says to me so far that he's been parachuted into two good jobs because of his name, he's delivered at absolute best the bare minimum in them but arguably below that. He has no relevant experience to being at a club like us or the sort of situation we are in right now, Derby spent a fortune on his squad and he couldn't get them up, Chelsea spent a fortune in his 2nd season and he bombed, before a proper manager came along and showed exactly what could be done with that squad. If his name was Dave Swinton with exactly the same managerial CV, he'd be labelled a failure.
I agree with the player to manager experience that’s why I said they at least have that to offer, what does Pereira offer in that regard? Nothing.

I really hope this is the right appointment, if the rumours are true. Full support for him, fingers crossed.

If my tone is muted or circumspect its because this season just feels cursed. Said it in a few threads, we look like the comedic disaster club (Villa, Wolves, Sunderland, Leeds) who relegate themselves via serial bad decision making and strategy over several seasons.

Please please please prove me wrong and turn the ship around Everton.

If we hire this fella , we are down.

There is nothing about this choice that is positive. His formation won't work in this league without the players , track record of not being able to turn a losing streak around (which is literally the job right now) and hiring him on a 6 month contract means he doesn't care if he relegates us.

Make no mistake , unless we swerve this appointment then moshiri is signing our own death warrant

I do think some fans should try to let go of this anger towards VP. He has to receive the full backing of the fans in order to succeed. Otherwise the club will sink and relegation could become a real possibility, which is crazy to think.

The fans painting VP out Lampard in on Goodison are not helping matters. Very rich people are not known for being impressionable. By doing this, Moshiri will likely be even more stubborn against appointing Lampard, maybe he will be even more certain about VP. He will not want to show weakness and bow to fan pressure.

It's not in anyone's interest to be hostile towards him if and when Pereira is confirmed but this is worrying beyond belief.

My main concern is that the players reaction to this will be to think that's it's not a credible appointment and that there is just too much of an air of crisis and indeed craziness at the club now, so consciously or subconsciously, they are no longer up for a fight. I'd accept that some of them probably are not anyway.

I just don't see this ending well.

If we hire this fella , we are down.

There is nothing about this choice that is positive. His formation won't work in this league without the players , track record of not being able to turn a losing streak around (which is literally the job right now) and hiring him on a 6 month contract means he doesn't care if he relegates us.

Make no mistake , unless we swerve this appointment then moshiri is signing our own death warrant

I don't think he's as bad as being made out. He's got a better record at Porto than Paulo Fonseca, Julien Lopetegui and Nuno Espirito Santo (all three followed his reign in charge).

My only reservation is I don't think he's the man to come in at this point of the season and turn it around - although I could be wrong. We have the players to stay up, we just need someone to get the best out of them and if the players buy into his style of play it should be enough to see us through.

But still, it's a massive gamble and I don't like that muppet Moshiri using our club as his playground.

Status
Not open for further replies.