Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how opinions can differ mate, because I disagree with practically every word you've written there. Lampard makes me feel more nervous than any other name we've been vaguely seriously linked with.

I don't personally understand why people think he did so poorly. The circumstances and the end position in the table speak for themselves.

The only argument I keep hearing against him is that he's not as good as Tuchel. Hardly a reason not to consider him.

You just never know really. Football can be quite odd, history is littered with managers that failed at clubs and were then successful at others and vice versa. Sometimes theres just a “fit” and you get lucky. If you’re going by stats and win percentages, Benitez had a glittering CV but turned out to be one of the worst managers in our entire history.

Klopp at Dortmund had an unremarkable win percentage of 56.2%, Four managers since have comfortably bettered that (Tuchel 62.62%, Favre 61.82%, Rose 63.33%, Terzic 62.50%).

Pochettino had a horrendous CV before rocking up at Southampton, having a win percentage of 32.92% at espanyol and was sacked after taking them to the brink of relegation. Even the “great job” he then done at Southampton wasn’t all that great either if you look at the stats, a win percentage of 38.33%, Koeman then posted 48.35% etc etc. even Wenger before he went to Arsenal had win percentages of 28.9 at Nancy, 48.9% at Monaco which isn’t great for them, and a 56% in Japan.

Pereira’s record isn’t a bad one. His win percentages at his clubs are generally better than those he succeeded and those that preceded him. Look at Porto, his win stats are 69.89%.. those that immediately followed him,

Fonseca 56.76%
Castro 56.25%
Lopetegui 67.95%
Barros 50%
Pesiero 59.09%
Nuno Espirito Santo 55.10%
and the current manager has a slightly better percentage of 71.49% (Conceicao).

The same is also the case with his subsequent jobs by and large as well.

Look I’m not saying he’s the perfect candidate by any means and it’s definitely a gamble, but so are the others that have been mentioned. What I don’t get is this narrative that Periera is totally useless, he isn’t.
All this shows is that win rate is essentially useless in isolation when assessing a manager's abilities.

Watford sack Ranieri on Monday and have a new manager 24 hours later.

Everton on the other hand sack Benitez and we still looking for a new manager over a week later.
Watford clearly always have half an eye on who their next manager will be and line them up before they sack. I don’t think Moshiri wanted to sack Benitez but was left with no choice. Which is deeply concerning.

Watford clearly always have half an eye on who their next manager will be and line them up before they sack. I don’t think Moshiri wanted to sack Benitez but was left with no choice. Which is deeply concerning.

Italian owners who run it like an Italian club. If they don't like it, they change it..even if they're doing well.

And it's Moshiri's naivety to give Benitez all the rope he needed to hang himself

Don't we always take the pish. Can't recall a quick turnover of managers.

I don't personally understand why people think he did so poorly. The circumstances and the end position in the table speak for themselves.

The only argument I keep hearing against him is that he's not as good as Tuchel. Hardly a reason not to consider him.

I could give you my take on it, but how many people have ever changed their opinion based on the take of some fella on an internet forum?

Watford sack Ranieri on Monday and have a new manager 24 hours later.

Everton on the other hand sack Benitez and we still looking for a new manager over a week later.
To be fair Watford do it so often theyre pros at sackings and have an effective formula in place , but I agree should of been a contingency devised before we even sacked Benitez.

I remember his Chelsea side having serious tactical issues, especially in terms of defensive organisation and pressing

I remember his Chelsea side having serious tactical issues, especially in terms of defensive organisation and pressing

Not so much in season 1 in front of crowds. Of course he had poor games, but I think the circumstances made that inevitable. He laid the ground work for a CL winning team.

And I have no doubt he will be better prepared now for his next job. He's very young for a manager and can improve a lot. That's the benefit of hiring someone younger and letting them grow with their team.

Sorry mate, I mean no disrespect but I think that's largely nonsesnse

Having played in the Premier League has absolutely no correlation to being a successful manager in the Premier League at all. I'm not entirely sure why people get hung up on the whole "Premier League experience" thing anyway.

Lampard's CV says to me so far that he's been parachuted into two good jobs because of his name, he's delivered at absolute best the bare minimum in them but arguably below that. He has no relevant experience to being at a club like us or the sort of situation we are in right now, Derby spent a fortune on his squad and he couldn't get them up, Chelsea spent a fortune in his 2nd season and he bombed, before a proper manager came along and showed exactly what could be done with that squad. If his name was Dave Swinton with exactly the same managerial CV, he'd be labelled a failure.
The only one scarier to me than Lampard would be Rooney. People keep thinking these two are great managers because they were great players, but thats not how this works. Some great players become great managers, most dont. I dont like bringing up the rs ever, but look at Klopp. He never played football for a great team, was never a great player - but he is clearly a very good manager. Then again, look at good old Koeman. Great player, not a great manager.
Id take Vitor over Wayne or Frank any day of the week, and i dont actually want Vitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.