Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be worth noting the 1860 Munich was already in serious trouble before he joined.
They were after 17 games 4 Won, 4 Drawn and 9 Losses with a total tally 16 points halfway through the season.
After Vitor joined they played 17 games 6 Won, 2 Drawn and 9 Losses for a tally of 20 points. Thus he ended up with 4 more points than his predecessor and club morale was low when he took over due to quite a few staff that has left or been fired.

In the Chinese Super League he replace Villas-Boas at Shanghai SIPG FC where the club then won the league for the first time in their history. The following year they won the Chinese Super Cup as well for the first time in their history. I know the league is not the best on earth but at least he succeeded there where a lot of managers that went there struggled.

His success in China with Shanghai SIPG was in large part a result of huge spending by that team starting in 2016 (which crashed and burned when COVID hit) to add international stars.

If Everton can spend far more money in the Premier League than just about everyone else, I am sure he can win there too.

His success in China with Shanghai SIPG was in large part a result of huge spending by that team starting in 2016 (which crashed and burned when COVID hit) to add international stars.

If Everton can spend far more money in the Premier League than just about everyone else, I am sure he can win there too.
That is true but a lot of other teams spent a lot as well. In 2016 China ranked number one in the world regarding transfer money spent (taking into account ins and outs). Also this quote "In fact, Chinese clubs are spending so much money, China's second division, China League One, ranked fourth among all international leagues in terms of money spent on transfers."

Can't say as I know that much about him, other than what you can generally find on the net, but just taking a brief look at the clubs he has been involved with I can't say that it inspires me. We need someone who can really knock these little darlings into shape, but if Big 'D' can't then I just don't know who can:(

Status
Not open for further replies.