Vitor Pereira

Yes or no

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. I think Victor Pereira is the still a gamble among all the choices - Duncan Ferguson, Rooney, Lampard, Roberto Martinez, Fabio Cannavaro, and Nuno.
The list isn't very impressive, which is majority of fans' fear when it comes to the next manager appointment.

Pereira's record isn't that great actually. Pereira has definitely won a lot, but all from smaller leagues - the biggest being Porto. But he also did get a team relegated from 2nd tier Bundesliga (he took over mid-season). His recent sacking from Fenerbahçe, might due to politics as he left with the side at 5th position (not like Fenerbahçe won the league or in top 5 frequently in the last 3-5 years)

Seeing his patchy record, he has the most managerial experience but only found success mostly outside of Europe. Tbh, to me, the list is not impressive and I can see the board is trying to break free from the usual cycle of hiring experienced PL manager only.

Vitor Pereira is the type of energetic, outspoken, charismatic manager like Simeone who the fans and players could like. He does not have a great record but he has the persona. He is not afraid of playing big teams and would like challenging Klopp and Pep on the touchline, I think.

He could unite the fans and bring some important wins. He could also come in and add to the unstable atmosphere and make it worse. It is a big roll of the dice.
lollollollollollollollollollollollol

Couldn’t make this up.

68057B23-7D8C-4248-A881-705CA471016D.png

None of the main candidates for the job are exactly top class. I'm not writing a manager off as a failure, before he's even managed his first game with us.

Arsene Wenger was an unknown manager, over in Japan when Arsenal hired him. We don't know how it'll go, but if it is Pereira then he has my full backing for the job, until i see a reason to change my mind.

Let's give him a chance. After Benitez, the only way is up imo.

I watched his recent managerial performance in Fenerbace because Korean National Team Player (Min-Jae Kim who is a one of the best player in the team) is playing there. and, Seriously, I can only say he is the mixture of Roberto Martinez (who doesn't care about the defence) and Marco Silva (who doesn't care about Plan B)

In fact, I remember one person define him as "The Suicidal Chris Wilder" and "other person say "This team surely need over nine centrebacks because of crazy playstyle." Do you want to see give a every defensive burden on two Centreback while we are in the relegation battle? (and our current defense form is worst in recent years) Seriously, this is the worst nonsense out of the nonsense.

Getting relegated to the Championship is no laughing matter.

This person got 1860 Munich relegated to the 3. Bundesliga in 2017 and then spent the rest of his time in the Chinese Super League like Benitez.
It might be worth noting the 1860 Munich was already in serious trouble before he joined.
They were after 17 games 4 Won, 4 Drawn and 9 Losses with a total tally 16 points halfway through the season.
After Vitor joined they played 17 games 6 Won, 2 Drawn and 9 Losses for a tally of 20 points. Thus he ended up with 4 more points than his predecessor and club morale was low when he took over due to quite a few staff that has left or been fired.

In the Chinese Super League he replace Villas-Boas at Shanghai SIPG FC where the club then won the league for the first time in their history. The following year they won the Chinese Super Cup as well for the first time in their history. I know the league is not the best on earth but at least he succeeded there where a lot of managers that went there struggled.

Status
Not open for further replies.