2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

It does help that he's got McNeil tracking back all the time, so he's not often exposed 1 on 1 (like Trippier was tonight against Son, ouch!). But nevertheless, he looks very good defensively. Playing with confidence too

I personally think he's up there for POTY on current form.

Remember he didn't play in any of the August games so the only bad team performance he's been in was Luton when he was getting back up to speed.

Since then fantastic. We know he's a solid one v one defender but crucial goals aswell. Annoying that corner that came out to him early in second half was on his right foot, would've probably been like Dobbin's finish if it had been on his left.

Myko feels like a value for money Moyes signing back in the day. Unheralded but with time and patience he's become a very reliable player in the solid defensive unit.

He's been great, but what I love is the simplicity to his game. So many times in the second half today, we tried to overdo it, going direct too quickly or trying to play the killer ball when an easier one was on. But Mykolenko is just taking care of the ball at the moment. Nothing fancy but very efficient. Seems a yard or two quicker than last season as well.

His improvement recently is hard to believe. If he can keep this level up in the long term he'll be one of the best full backs in the league.
Defensively he is right now the best left back in the league...just has to work on his weaker foot, crossing and shooting so that he can make a bigger impact up the pitch.

Defensively he is right now the best left back in the league...just has to work on his weaker foot, crossing and shooting so that he can make a bigger impact up the pitch.

He's scored a couple and he hit the post and made a goal in another game. If he can create 6-7 goals a season that would be brilliant but not many are doing that.

Maybe it just took him a while to settle in, get to grips with what a basket case club we are, over come that, find a manager to give him support, and confidence, to tell him to just concentrate on his football.. improved immeasurably.. fair play to him...

It the sky sports live blog of the match it said he made a tackle and smiled I would of loved to have seen that lovely Ukrainian smile

See below
IMG_0754.jpeg