2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensively - excellent
Offensively - meh

It helps if he had a few runners going beyond him which doesn't really happen.

A switch of formation has benefited him and us.

Defensively - excellent
Offensively - meh

It helps if he had a few runners going beyond him which doesn't really happen.

A switch of formation has benefited him and us.

He's not even mediocre defensively. He has made schoolboy errors in the last couple of games. Last night he literally ran away from his man and Anthony had a tap in

Can’t keep playing him now with the Patterson & Iwobi injuries surely. Just offers nothing going forward, at least need to try Vinagre or McNeil at wing-back

Back 4 with a RB whose a proper threat in attack and he's worth the gravy, he's been very good defensively at times.
but in a back 5 he offers little

Back 4 with a RB whose a proper threat in attack and he's worth the gravy, he's been very good defensively at times.
but in a back 5 he offers little

I'm surprised that people have positive opinions of Mykolenko. He is so poor that you barely notice him on the pitch which is criminal for a full back in the modern era. I look at him and think he's the type of player a team facing relegation would have starting every week.

A disappointing one this for me. I liked the look of the lad when he arrived and to be totally fair although he had his critics I truly thought he'd come good. I was hoping he'd bring that bit of steel maybe Digne lacked in his game (which he did to be fair) but that's about it now sadly for me.

Good wing backs are usually greedy, they always want the ball, they make space and demand the ball, they slam their team mates if they're not fed after creating space.

To me Myko sometimes looks a bit sheepish of getting the ball, almost like he's being lobbed a covid filled snot rag.

It's as though we now need a winger on the left all the time to make up for his forward shortfalls, whether that winger is on form or not.

As a good 1970's 80's full back I think he'd be well fine, but jeez it's certainly not what we need at this point sadly .

The mystery for me has been not so much Myko, but how poor Vinagre must be in training, do Bainsy and Cole see nothing at all in him for him to languish in obscurity month on end?

Status
Not open for further replies.