Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah not too dissimilar really. Especially when we consider the difference in the two sides. It's the fact that one datum point either way massively skews the final stats.

Just having a look at Mo's goals from last season. First goal is case in point. He gets a pitch perfect ball but somehow manages to head directly at the goalie but then the ball bounces right to his feet. He can't miss.

If he wasn't so lucky his goals per minute drops from one ever 165 mins to one every 177mins. A massive leap. There's another goalagainst Bologna (most of his goals are at home to weak teams btw) which was basically an og.

Take that away and his goals per min becomes 1 every 191 mins. He's now averaging less than one every two games in a very, very weak serie a.
His hat-trick goal was literally an open goal after the goalie helpfully palmed it to his feet. Not even going to take that one away from him but it just illustrates why figures should be taken with a pinch of salt.

He fouls a Sassaulo (remember what I said about the poorer teams) before finishing on the goal line. That gets correctly disallowed and his record is now 1 in 207 minutes.
Scores an offside goal against Pescara. REcord is now 1 in every 226 minutes.

He gets twoagainst Chievo where you have to ask questions about match fixing. The goalie literally just watches both of the shots. Not even joking, they are definitely suspect.

Take those two off and he now has a record of 1 in every 276 minutes.

Gerry playing in a weaker side, not had a few season to get to know his teammates got one goal every 365 minutes. Pretty similar to me.

Factor in the fact it's a weaker side and you could legitimately argue Gerry actually had the better stats. Just saying.

Didn't even mention the fact that both Lazio goals were due to fortunate deflections.

Kopites have built him to be some sort of saviour but Chelsea got rid for a reason quite frankly.

Sometimes lads all you can do is look st your phone and shake your head
I've seen some ridiculous stuff posted on here but this is up there with the best.

By this logic Rom probably scored 9 or 10 goals last season

I understand exactly what you were saying. You were saying that the record states that Salah has scored a number of goals in the league, however, you don't agree with the official records cause you don't like some of the goals, so you disregard those one in order to make it look like you have a clue what you are on about.

Doing that just make you look foolish. Just saying.

If you had of said something along the lines of, "In my opinion, and experience of watching the individual players, they are performing to about the same level" then you can form an argument around it.

Yeah you didn't understand. Not to worry.

Sometimes lads all you can do is look st your phone and shake your head
I've seen some ridiculous stuff posted on here but this is up there with the best.

By this logic Rom probably scored 9 or 10 goals last season

He got more than he'll ever get again. Fact.

Liverpool have the money for him, we don't accept and move on.
HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

We need a striker even more than a centre half, are we going to start a thread about signing Aguero as well, because we have as good a chance of signing him as we do of VVD...which is no chance.

Salah is basically the Egyptian Aiden Mcgeady, that's all Im saying.
I've no doubt he he is and hopefully he flops at RS as he did st Chelsea.
The RS can't afford to discard him the way Chelsea did though and will most likely persevere with him
But to dispute the stats and try and change them to suit your argument is totally ridiculous

Quite ironic that, given the extent of your statements regarding Keane, Pickford and Sandro.

Even Carragher said Pickford was the best goalie in the league. Before he signed for us.

SAndro scored the same amount of goals as Salah in a tougher league for a worse team. He will be a beast.

Keane, slight reservations about him. A bit too grocky for my refined tastes but no doubts he'll have a fine career.

Status
Not open for further replies.