Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time we signed a player they wanted?

Alan Ball? 1966. FIFTY ONE YEARS!!!!!!

I'm guessing the Koeman bros must have some dialogue with the player. They know if they have a strong bond or not. Maybe he would love to work with Koeman, but they're offering wages we can't match?? If money is the only obstacle, it's a fantastic opportunity for Moshiri to make a big statement.
Tony Cottee I think as well?

True. But he has indicated he want's to play for a club that can offer him CL football.

Everton will play more champions league football over the next ten years than liverpool.

The way liverpool fans are celebrating their 4th place trophy you'd think they'd done it comfortably and been there constantly. They scraped through due to a particularly poor arsenal side when the had no European football and got knocked out of both domestic trophies early.

Everton will play more champions league football over the next ten years than liverpool.

The way liverpool fans are celebrating their 4th place trophy you'd think they'd done it comfortably and been there constantly. They scraped through due to a particularly poor arsenal side when the had no European football and got knocked out of both domestic trophies early.

Everton will play champions league football than Liverpool? Where do you get that idea from

Look how far behind the top four we were last season. We've just lost the premier leagues second top scorer.
Not only do we need to replace his goals (which we haven't) we still needed to add to them just to get closer! Delusion

When was the last time we signed a player they wanted?

Alan Ball? 1966. FIFTY ONE YEARS!!!!!!

I'm guessing the Koeman bros must have some dialogue with the player. They know if they have a strong bond or not. Maybe he would love to work with Koeman, but they're offering wages we can't match?? If money is the only obstacle, it's a fantastic opportunity for Moshiri to make a big statement.
Peter Reid

If we get fourth this year I take it you won't be too fussed? Given it is a top 7 now, acquiring champions league football is an achievement. Plus it doesn't matter how rich we are, look at every club that's moved to a new stadium. Arsenal and Spurs being key examples. Finances become incredibly restricted. Look at how little Spurs have done this summer. Or how wenger had to manage for years. We desperately need to be a champions league club before we move.

Personally this season I'd prefer us to win the europa league and qualify that way. I have a feeling given the turnover in our squad that's secretly our priority. If you look at the dross united played on their way to the final there's no doubt it may actually be our best chance. But it doesn't matter how we do it. Just do it.

Everton will play champions league football than Liverpool? Where do you get that idea from

Look how far behind the top four we were last season. We've just lost the premier leagues second top scorer.
Not only do we need to replace his goals (which we haven't) we still needed to add to them just to get closer! Delusion

We've replaced possibly the worst goalie in the league with possibly the best.

Well have schneiderlin for the entire season. Gueye won't be off to Africa for six weeks. Jagielka has been replaced by one of the best centre backs in the league. We've signed an absolute beast in sandro. Look man has progressed. Rooney is still a magnificent footballer and will prove his worth. Tom Davies ready from the start of te season. Besic back from injur. Holgate, dowell, kenny, dcl, donkor are all highly promising youngsters.

And we're still not finished.

Liverpool have bought a Chelsea reject who had similar serie a stats to deulofeu and a full back from hull.

You'd have to be a bit demented to say the gap won't close next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.