Vegard Forren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwegian media reporting that Moyes met with Molde manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær before last nights game to talk about Forrens abilities and strenghts as a player and person.

They also have quoted Forren with saying: "Everton are a club I want to play for, I have to be honest enough to admit that. Everton are among the 5 to 10 best clubs in the Premier League and one day they might fight at the very top of the table. They work well at that club. It is a good sign that Moyes was here looking at me, I just hope I gave him a good impression"

I havent enough posts to post links, but this story can be found on Dagbladet.no

Why are people saying drop jags . Hes being the best cb and while johnny and distin did great last season johnny has being given every oppertunity this season and hasnt took them . We cant have players who take 6 months to hit the ground running also distin has a year left max why would we want to drop a player of 30 amd inform for someone who is 35 . In severel games this season johnny has been beat by that extra yard of pace . Sell jonnhy 5-6 million get forren in and with the extra get a second stricker or cm

Why are people saying drop jags . Hes being the best cb and while johnny and distin did great last season johnny has being given every oppertunity this season and hasnt took them . We cant have players who take 6 months to hit the ground running also distin has a year left max why would we want to drop a player of 30 amd inform for someone who is 35 . In severel games this season johnny has been beat by that extra yard of pace . Sell jonnhy 5-6 million get forren in and with the extra get a second stricker or cm

I've explained why I'd consider dropping Jags. He's hardly setting the world on fire to make him undroppable is he? This year our defence looks all over the place and he's the common cause when you look at how they have performed without him.

Jonny hasn't been given every opportunity this season, has he played in his proper position as the right sided defender once?

Jonny may not be the quickest but Stubbs and Weir couldn't run and they were much stronger as a pairing then anything we have now. Jags likes to run around a lot, he makes last ditch tackles cause he gets caught out. Stubbs and Weir never got themselves in that position. For defenders half the battle is organisation and working with a partner, for me Jags doesn't have the understanding for us with anyone bar Lescott. Jonny and Distin are proven to work together and whilst we can't defend to save our lives, I'd like to see them given a chance to show it again.

We've got nothing to lose, we can't defend anyway but this won't happen as Moyes stays loyal to certain players even at the detriment of the team as proven by his loyalty to Saha and Cahill.

I've explained why I'd consider dropping Jags. He's hardly setting the world on fire to make him undroppable is he? This year our defence looks all over the place and he's the common cause when you look at how they have performed without him.

Jonny hasn't been given every opportunity this season, has he played in his proper position as the right sided defender once?

Jonny may not be the quickest but Stubbs and Weir couldn't run and they were much stronger as a pairing then anything we have now. Jags likes to run around a lot, he makes last ditch tackles cause he gets caught out. Stubbs and Weir never got themselves in that position. For defenders half the battle is organisation and working with a partner, for me Jags doesn't have the understanding for us with anyone bar Lescott. Jonny and Distin are proven to work together and whilst we can't defend to save our lives, I'd like to see them given a chance to show it again.

We've got nothing to lose, we can't defend anyway but this won't happen as Moyes stays loyal to certain players even at the detriment of the team as proven by his loyalty to Saha and Cahill.
Jags has saved us in some games johnny hasnt distin is getting on now so why drop jags when the only thing distin has over jags is height . As a player who earns thousands a week i would be expected to play on either side of the centre back position . Not good enough i am a fan of john but the games where he has come in he has not given he impact and for a club who want top 4 you cant have that

Dropping Jags...well I strongly disagree.

Funny how the only reason that people can give for dropping Jagielka is because of Heitinga's form last season. Pretty sure that was months ago and quite frankly THIS SEASON, Heitinga hasnt been up to it. Dropping Jagielka is downright idiotic.

I agree. I think Heitinga and Distin is our best partnership defensively. Also Heitinga's distribution is much better than Jagielka's distribution.

Funny how the only reason that people can give for dropping Jagielka is because of Heitinga's form last season. Pretty sure that was months ago and quite frankly THIS SEASON, Heitinga hasnt been up to it. Dropping Jagielka is downright idiotic.

Did you read the post?

The reason I gave for considering dropping Jags is nothing to do wiith Jonny, he doens't come in to it. If there wasn't a defensive problem I wouldn't give a toss about Jonny but there is. The reason is that right now we can not defend, we are all over the show, we are leaking goals for fun and Moyes seems to have tried everything else and nothing is working. What we do know is everything Moyes ha tried involves Jags, maybe he's the problem, we've certainly done well in the past without him.

It's not an absurd argument to try the one remaining option to him which hasn't yet been explored and that's going back to the defensive partnership that has proven to have worked so well, Jonny and Distin.

It may not work, but what we are doing now's quite clearly not working so there is nothing to be lost by trying it.

Did you read the post?

The reason I gave for considering dropping Jags is nothing to do wiith Jonny, he doens't come in to it. If there wasn't a defensive problem I wouldn't give a toss about Jonny but there is. The reason is that right now we can not defend, we are all over the show, we are leaking goals for fun and Moyes seems to have tried everything else and nothing is working. What we do know is everything Moyes ha tried involves Jags, maybe he's the problem, we've certainly done well in the past without him.

It's not an absurd argument to try the one remaining option to him which hasn't yet been explored and that's going back to the defensive partnership that has proven to have worked so well, Jonny and Distin.

It may not work, but what we are doing now's quite clearly not working so there is nothing to be lost by trying it.

Games?? Points??

In my opinion Jagielka has been our best defender this season, it's Distin and Heitinga that have been letting us down. The organisation has to improve as well but surely that should be sorted out in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.