Vegard Forren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molde defender Vegard Forren is flattered to be linked with Everton, but no offers for his services have been tabled as yet.
The 24-year-old centre-half has enjoyed a productive 2012, helping his club employers to the league title and earning senior international recognition with Norway.
His development has been noted outside of his homeland, with scouts regularly deployed to watch him in action.
Everton
spacer.gif
are among those to be closely monitoring his situation, with a representative from the Premier League club in attendance at a UEFA Europa League clash withSteaua Bucharest
spacer.gif
on Thursday.
Forren is aware of the speculation suggesting he could soon be on his way to England, but he will not be allowing the transfer gossip to become a distraction.
"If it is true then of course it is interesting, but it is not something I am thinking about," Forren told Romerikes Blad.
"I have been able to cope with the step up in the national team and in Europe and I feel I have played well enough to suggest that I am ready for a better league."
Molde boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has, however, been quick to point out that no approaches for Forren have been made.
He said: "There is a lot of interest in him, but no offers have arrived and no club has wanted to negotiate with us."

my norwiegian friend told me he was at the hungary match, most probably to watch him. he labelled him the next hangelaand so does that mean this guy has similar attributes to duffy?

I think the last couple games have shown that Moyes is looking to phase out Distin (and for good reason). He's an excellent player but at his age he should not be starting every week, I think we should extend his contract by a year but he should mainly be cover.

This guy will be good to cover Heitinga and Jagielka, which means we could afford to loan Duffy out again as he needs more first team experience.

Of course, this is just what I want and in reality we'll probably sell Heitinga and give Distin a 4 year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.