Should Everton sell Vaughn or keep him?

• Sell him, we need the money

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Keep him, we need the goals

Votes: 44 75.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt his contract up at the end of the season?

Yah, and there've been no indications Everton are interested in talking about a renewal either. Oddly enough, Vaughan's fate might be in Anichebe's hands right now. If the Nigerian decides to walk away on a free (or rather for a compensation), we'd probably give Vaughan an extension. If Anichebe stays, my impression is that Vaughan will go like Jutkiewicz - virtually nothing upfront, but sizable sell-on and performance fees.

Probably right, Toffeeweb has him down as 2011, but that's the only place I've checked. Good for us anyway, atleast we don't lose another player for nothing. We'll probably make a couple of million on him.

Isn't he still the leagues youngest ever scorer? 6 seasons and only 59 appearences, just 11 being starts. It's not good enough and it's doubtful if he can play half a season without getting injured. Would love the lad to be given a chance, his attitude has been great along with his commitment but Moyes must feel like he's flogging a dead horse at times. This run of games at Palace has done us a favour, he's earnt a transfer fee i'd accept it even if it was only to use his wages to give Pienaar parity.

Voted before reading the thread or seeing the results and I must say I was a bit surprised by the ratio of "keep" to "sell" votes. I thought it would be a little closer.

I dont think he will get alot of games so i would be happy to sell him but only if there is a buy back price for the amout we recive for him.

He's not good enough to be leading the line and starting week in week out. If he was, he'd be doing it now.

Our striker situation has a number of reasons as to why they're not firing on all cylinders. Its not because they're poor players.

Ones a trier but not 100% to be the striker that can delivery all season, or at least 90minutes.

Ones out of form....badly.

One has bummed Moyes' wife, sister and children in a mass orgy that he's basically been outcasted from the team...even though he was playing well.

And that's were we disagree. Personally think Vaughany has all the attributes to become a contender for first choice striker, if only the injuries would go away. So my stance remains the same. Get him back and give him a run of games. If he stays free of injury and performs, keep him. If not, there's plenty of time to get rid.

And that's were we disagree. Personally think Vaughany has all the attributes to become a contender for first choice striker, if only the injuries would go away. So my stance remains the same. Get him back and give him a run of games. If he stays free of injury and performs, keep him. If not, there's plenty of time to get rid.

I agree - he has pace, power, determination and has always scored goals.

If we could loan him out to a higher profile club in the championship (sorry Alan Whittle, as I do have a bit of a soft spot for your team and hope you play yourself safe)/QUOTE]

Ha! Sadly thats the trouble.Burley is committed to good passing football and is building an attractive side.Trouble is (in our Division) you need a heart of stone not chocolate, but to be fair, he is getting there. Should persevere.Speroni signing a new 31/2 year deal yesterday was the best news since the club was saved in June.Thanks for the good wishes.Hat trick from Vaughany to sign off this evening would be great!
Back on point,I've seen Blues at Norwich (I know, pre season friendly), at Fulham and the carnage that was WBA at Goodison. To be honest,in the latter two, one or two in the Blue shirt looked a bit disinterested.That is something I don't think you would ever find Vaughany accused of!.....Go on Moyes....give the lad a go......you know you want to...!;)

SELL.

FFS, he found his level at Palace -that much is clear. Put him back in PL action and he looks lost.

I can see in 2015 there'll still be people saying "he's still young, maybe next year he'll come good." We've got a lot of forwards who are younger and more likely to make it than JV.

FFS, he found his level at Palace.

Sorry to say mate, but he is much better than us at the moment. :(To be fair, he doesn't look like he would become a top four club striker, but, to be equally fair, and no offence meant, Blues don't look like a top four team at the moment either. Who is it exactly that is in such deadly form that is going to keep him out of the side?

Sorry to say mate, but he is much better than us at the moment. :(To be fair, he doesn't look like he would become a top four club striker, but, to be equally fair, and no offence meant, Blues don't look like a top four team at the moment either. Who is it exactly that is in such deadly form that is going to keep him out of the side?

Agreed, would love to see him getting a chance as a starting striker for us. Maybe pair him up with Beckford in Cahill's absence?

Status
Not open for further replies.