VAR

Might start watching games again if they get rid.

It's not really the system that's the problem but the people operating it. I've watched a few European games this season that have been a joy compared with PL games. Have zero faith they can run something like VAR without it being an absolute calamity that ruins the game so get rid.

I think it's probably the right decision, technology just isn't there yet and more wrong than right

If it was just there for offsides and to be available to the referee on the referees request only, then it would probably be fine.

As it is, they are using it to shadow referee the game, overriding the on field referees decisions and therefore undermining him. It's inconsistently applied with decisions taking far too long and the fans not being told why.

Plus the VAR refs themselves are shockingly bad.

All in all, good idea, poorly applied and not really ready for implementing yet

Might start watching games again if they get rid.

It's not really the system that's the problem but the people operating it. I've watched a few European games this season that have been a joy compared with PL games. Have zero faith they can run something like VAR without it being an absolute calamity that ruins the game so get rid.
Yes it never seems to be as terrible in the international competitions or champions league. The premier league referees have to be some of the worst in the world

If managers get input to the club vote we’ll vote to keep it I think because Dyche has supported the idea while saying things need to improve.

Surely all fans should apply pressure on their clubs to vote to scrap it? We’ve seen how much fan pressure on the European super league helped - supporters groups/advisory boards across the PL must work together again to get rid

I can’t see them voting to scrap it, and even if they do it still falls back to the same terrible refs (who’ve probably forgotten how to ref a game without VAR keeping them right).

But hopefully this starts a discussion that ends with it being seriously reined in.

….referee’s and linesmen who have had the VAR safety net suddenly having to decide for themselves is a concern.

I’ve never been against VAR, I’m against the persons who interpret it. I’d much prefer the VAR officials not to be referee’s and I’d also aim to get the ‘yes or no’ decisions like offside validated more quickly by technicians who’s job it is to manage the system.

If we think the refs are biased or bad now, just wait until VAR gets dismissed.

Nah. The problem is in VAR's application, not VAR itself. Change the rules around which VAR can and cannot be used (for example, fouls in the build up should not be VAR worthy) and fix the ridiculous down to the inch offside rule.

90% of peoples' problems would go away if we fixed those things.

VAR seems to excel at looking in to every single reason it can rule a goal out, going back up to 15 seconds, nobody wanted that so why are the worst referees this country has ever seen re-officiating the game? I think it’s needed but it needs strict guidelines for use and not a ridiculous statement of “clear and obvious”.

Why can’t VAR be used to make the referee aware of off the ball incidents, cheating/diving (when a rat squeals and clutches his face when someone brushed past them and then springs up like a gazelle - Bruno Fernandes ya overrated maggot) and to make sure corners and throw-ins are correct and that’s it.
That’s enough for any incompetent bell who was last picked in the playground to be in charge of for now.