VAR

VAR affects the match goer more than the tv viewer.
The explanation needs to be shown on the screen and the decision explained. Works in rugby and cricket. The crowd are just blind to proceedings as they are

They can't as it would be unequal for fanbases across the country, as Liverpool and United don't have screens in their stadium

Just watched this.

The ref was told by assistant VAR to award the penalty. So he does.
Then VAR say ‘checking ON FIELD decision to award a penalty’. That. Wasn’t the on field decision. He was told to give it.

WTF are we listening to there? Absolute shambles of a system and organisation using it.

The onfield decision was given by the Liner, not the ref who stated he had no view.

Imo, it's absolutely not a penalty, and there will be numerous occasions this year or next where that won't be given, and the excuse given will be distance travelled and natural position.

The onfield decision was given by the Liner, not the ref who stated he had no view.

Imo, it's absolutely not a penalty, and there will be numerous occasions this year or next where that won't be given, and the excuse given will be distance travelled and natural position.
Was it?
At the game I never noticed the flag go up (I could and probably am wrong, but where I sit is facing that side of the ground and I normally do see the linesman’s flag).
listening to that and reading the transcript provided, he doesn’t give the pen until the AVAR says it’s a pen.

It was delayed at the time in the ground as he pointed for a corner first - towards that linesman. If his flag was up would he have initially give the corner.

Was it?
At the game I never noticed the flag go up (I could and probably am wrong, but where I sit is facing that side of the ground and I normally do see the linesman’s flag).
listening to that and reading the transcript provided, he doesn’t give the pen until the AVAR says it’s a pen.

It was delayed at the time in the ground as he pointed for a corner first - towards that linesman. If his flag was up would he have initially give the corner.

AR2, the one nearest the play didn't give it and said he can't see, AR1, on the opposite side was the one who gave it. It says in teh bottom right of the screen who's talking.

That's why there was no flag raised, the second Liner doesn't have to, he simply talks to the others with what he sees.

true, but it didn't give us anything controversial, he was clearly offside AND it was a foul.

all it done was highlight further what an absolute state the officials are

I honestly believe that if VAR didn't exist, the Liner would have given that anyway. Their confidence has been shot down massively by the fear of immediate embarrassment, so they just let it go when contentious in real time.and let VAR deal with it. They'll only flag for things the have absolute confidence in, they used to flag at about 95% confidence and be right.

I remember reading a stat somewhere that Liners got something in the region of 99.7% of offside decisions correct. This was never what VAR was brought in to rectify.

AR2, the one nearest the play didn't give it and said he can't see, AR1, on the opposite side was the one who gave it. It says in teh bottom right of the screen who's talking.

That's why there was no flag raised, the second Liner doesn't have to, he simply talks to the others with what he sees.
My mistake. I thought AR was AVAR on the transcript.

So the linesman on the bullens / gwladys side gave it?