VAR -Gordon's goal v Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why it is an issue for me is because that very poor decision massively detracted from that moment. Football is built on euphoric moments and that ruined it for us and for the players.

Crap.
Isn't that more of a VAR issue in general though? Personally, and despite VAR, I celebrate most goals, probably bar potential offsides.

It's getting ridiculous, can't even celebrate goals anymore because they're looking for stuff that isn't clear and obvious. I don't know what is with the officials in this country but they're really really struggling to implement this correctly. This is season 3 and it's still a nightmare.

I watched the first half of Spurs Toon and Wilsons goal, they were checking for 3 different things, they don't understand the clear and obvious element of it.
It’s meant to be ‘clear and obvious’ until a top 6 club are negatively impacted.

Why did it take so long for VAR to not give this goal - the assistant Referee certainly got it so wrong - I suspect VAR were trying to look for anything to back him up to save his embarrassment ? As it's so obvious with the naked eye, he was easily onside ???

View attachment 188300
The problem is right there in that photo. The linesman is in line with ball NOT the last defender. Not doing his job correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.