VAR -Gordon's goal v Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey66

Player Valuation: £150m
Why did it take so long for VAR to not give this goal - the assistant Referee certainly got it so wrong - I suspect VAR were trying to look for anything to back him up to save his embarrassment ? As it's so obvious with the naked eye, he was easily onside ???

1666610728632.png

It's getting ridiculous, can't even celebrate goals anymore because they're looking for stuff that isn't clear and obvious. I don't know what is with the officials in this country but they're really really struggling to implement this correctly. This is season 3 and it's still a nightmare.

I watched the first half of Spurs Toon and Wilsons goal, they were checking for 3 different things, they don't understand the clear and obvious element of it.

I think the fact that the lino who's stood in a perfect position has given that as offside is most definitely an issue to be honest.
It's probably more of an issue for those who like to go on all day about some sort of conspiracy against Everton, than those who don't, i'm guessing. Bad decision, rectified by video evidence, outcome proved it was a goal.

It's probably more of an issue for those who like to go on all day about some sort of conspiracy against Everton, than those who don't, i'm guessing. Bad decision, rectified by video evidence, outcome proved it was a goal.

Maybe it's nothing to do with it being against Everton, maybe the poster felt like me and the linesman, dead in line should have never put his flag up when it's bloody obvious it was well on side in the first place.

Maybe it's nothing to do with it being against Everton, maybe the poster felt like me and the linesman, dead in line should have never put his flag up when it's bloody obvious it was well on side in the first place.

I think that what has maybe happened is that he saw Gordon was onside, but, as Gordon ended up being so far ahead of the defensive line after the keeper made the save, it almost made the linesman doubt himself, so put his flag up knowing it would be checked.

This though, imo is where the biggest issue with VAR lies in my opinion. Officials are not making the correct decisions at times as they believe that they have a get out of jail free card. I wouldn't mind betting that's why the VAR is so inconsistent, Refs request help and to what level.

Status
Not open for further replies.