Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
King run into Reid,and it was a total accident.
Never understand these Blues who try to make out Reid was some sort of midfield hardcase & enforcer.
The hard cases in that team were Gray & Van Den Hauwe

Being a hard case isn’t just about dishing it out, he’s come back from horrific injuries and been on the receiving end of some horrendous challenges,
I remember seeing Souness saying he couldn’t believe that he’d got up after one of his challenges on him, he never hid and led by example and was always there to serve a bit of retribution, see Marwood.

I think what we are describing here is a process of laying foundations. I've said for some time, if we can get on a role under Moshiri we will probably sustain that momentum far better and who knows where it could end.

What the last 4 years have probably shown me, is the centrality and importance of a first team manager. You can have all the other things in the background but if you're manager isn't good enough it will be in vain.

I know you have some criticisms of the squad, but honestly it's much better than 2 years ago, never mind 4 years ago. We have a number of players under 25 who have good potential. We are not having to play Martina, or Kenny, or Davies (at 19). We are not throwing bad decisions after bad with Tosun and Walcott.

It's not been shown on the pitch yet, but I'm pretty certain we will be as close to the top 6 and probably the top 4 as we have been since Martinez's first season.

I think we’re a window or two from a decent squad. Thankfully now though Ancelotti is getting performances out of players who are seemingly able to play well (Holgate Calvert Lewin Mina even Walcott) who all previously looked very poor under other managers, and he had taken Richarlison’s game to the next level. I think there’s still problem areas like right back and Schneiderlin and Siggurdson that he’s probably powerless to do anything about for now.

Right winger, and right back in the summer, Gbamin and Gomes back fit, Schneiderlin Siggurdson out, and we’ll be an a far far better position to kick in.

I think we’re a window or two from a decent squad. Thankfully now though Ancelotti is getting performances out of players who are seemingly able to play well (Holgate Calvert Lewin Mina even Walcott) who all previously looked very poor under other managers, and he had taken Richarlison’s game to the next level. I think there’s still problem areas like right back and Schneiderlin and Siggurdson that he’s probably powerless to do anything about for now.

Right winger, and right back in the summer, Gbamin and Gomes back fit, Schneiderlin Siggurdson out, and we’ll be an a far far better position to kick in.

We’ve been a window or two from a good squad for the past few years sadly. I’m more interested to see what the don does with the resources provided for him. The past couple seasons we didn’t have such a reputable manager so will be interesting to see what comes of the coming window/pre season

European Qualification will be pivotal. We qualify and players may look at Everton ahead of the likes of Utd (Solskjaer) Chelsea (Lampard) & Arsenal (Arteta) to play for Ancelotti. Otherwise we will be behind those qualified for Europe in the pecking order for signings.

European Qualification will be pivotal. We qualify and players may look at Everton ahead of the likes of Utd (Solskjaer) Chelsea (Lampard) & Arsenal (Arteta) to play for Ancelotti. Otherwise we will be behind those qualified for Europe in the pecking order for signings.
Dont think it will make a big difference as I cant see us being interested in the type of players those particular clubs will be going for tbh.
They want ready made top of their game players ( Maguire ,Kante & Ozil etc) & will pay big money that at the moment is beyond us.
Carlo recently said we wont be signing any Super stars but will sign players & make them Super stars.

I think what we are describing here is a process of laying foundations. I've said for some time, if we can get on a role under Moshiri we will probably sustain that momentum far better and who knows where it could end.

What the last 4 years have probably shown me, is the centrality and importance of a first team manager. You can have all the other things in the background but if you're manager isn't good enough it will be in vain.

I know you have some criticisms of the squad, but honestly it's much better than 2 years ago, never mind 4 years ago. We have a number of players under 25 who have good potential. We are not having to play Martina, or Kenny, or Davies (at 19). We are not throwing bad decisions after bad with Tosun and Walcott.

It's not been shown on the pitch yet, but I'm pretty certain we will be as close to the top 6 and probably the top 4 as we have been since Martinez's first season.

The manager is pivotal absolutely.

But in essence every link in the chain is important. The four years of Moshiri are at present a mismatch between grandiose ambition on one hand and a spectacular failure of structure and delivery on the other. We may have stumbled, more by accident than design, and not a little luck and good timing, with being to lure Ancelotti here. He is the fulcrum on which everything else turns now. For improvement in our results, for signing players, and even for help with securing better sponsorship deals on the back of his reputation and hope of an up-turn in our fortunes.

The worry is that we are not set-up behind the scenes to deliver success. I have grave doubts about the calibre and competence of some of our key figures at board-level, in fact all of them have much to prove really, from Barrett-Baxendale to Brands. The period heading into the summer and the summer itself will provide Ancelotti with the first real insight into, to paraphrase David Moyes, "how Everton work", when promises made in meetings will have to be fleshed out.

The positives I see are some tentative signs that lessons have been learned from previous mistakes and hopefully won't be repeated. Brands must deliver this summer in that respect. The commercial operation must also deliver on a significantly improved shirt sponsor and sleeve sponsor deals. Time for talking is over.

Secondly, despite my concerns about the size and make-up of our board and senior management, I am very encouraged by what I have to say is their almost perfect handling of Bramley Moore thus far. Deadlines have been met, communication both with fans and the wider audience has been sleek and professional, and being a sceptic, I am more hopeful than ever that this is now going to be done and done well. If this way of working can transit itself to the football business operation, then it can only have positive implications.

The final factor that gives me hope and encouragement is the strengthening links with Usmanov. Supposedly he met with Ancelotti prior to his taking the job. That is hugely significant in terms of having a guarantor of promises and outcomes. I could not accept that Ancelotti has come here for an easy pay-day. It doesn't make sense at any level. He wants to be that manager, that finally, and once and for all, turned hype into success here. So far, I think Moshiri would be kidding himself if he thought that the last few years were anything other than a hugely disappointing return for all the hype and investment, but the fact that Usmanov is set to continue to fortify his links with Everton must surely mean that both men remain confident that our fortunes can be radically overturned, not least on the back of the opportunities that Bramley Moore will bring.

So, despite what are on paper quite alarming financial results, there is much reason for optimism. But the club can only progress if it gets critical decisions right and does that consistently. The delivery of the stadium is critical but we cannot hang our fortunes on that alone. It is vital we are able to use the interim 3-4 year period to get our internal house in order before moving house. I would expect the club to add to the personnel at board level with individuals with expertise in project development and delivery and also at commercial level. Fans don't get caught up in that nitty-gritty and rightly so but we must progress all levels of the club simultaneously and with a clear vision.

Last edited:
Dont think it will make a big difference as I cant see us being interested in the type of players those particular clubs will be going for tbh.
They want ready made top of their game players ( Maguire ,Kante & Ozil etc) & will pay big money that at the moment is beyond us.
Carlo recently said we wont be signing any Super stars but will sign players & make them Super stars.

This is absolutely key. Bringing in the next Coleman or Baines rather than the next Sigurdsson or Schneiderlin. Minimal risk,maximum (potential) reward.

If we sign any Mancs I'll burn myself alive in the Gwladys we can pay for half a stand at BM with the insurance payout.

Status
Not open for further replies.