Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave Esk alone now.

I noticed yesterday he replied to

The incentivised kit sales is going to blow that £30m out the water with their global sales.

That's debatable. Certainly not to the extent they seem to think. As it stands, their kit deal is worth the same as a deal to secure an option to name our stadium. That's going to really irritate them as they try to celebrate the "we are richer than you tory fc shield".

It makes sense. It increases our commercial revenue which helps towards our FFP requirements.
Would this tactic not be something to consider going forward with BMD? Start at a lower number Year 1 and raise it every year thereafter?

I think they will do exactly that. Start st an initial figure that will get through, but have inventive milestones that are easy to hit that trigger discussions about increases (set out in small print). It will them be scaled up as and when required.

Ha this is the world we now inhabit, Allisher will be around Anfield later, cracking heads looking for protection money and royalties to YNWA.

Buying the publishing to that bloody dirge would be an absolute masterstroke. Like buying an RS season ticket to punt to Norwegians writ large. Would cost him buttons and then basically they'd be paying us every time they play it.

Do it Usi! Bring me the snide!

Just a couple of added things on that. Everyone would have known he wanted to sell his shares. By making a counter offer he chaged the narrative.

Dont underestimate fan pressure on Kroenke if he let the offer stand. He knew he then had to act. All of it put pressure on him then to act.

As an aside, do you think these sponsorship deals are meant to help benchmark the clubs value at a higher level?
I do catcher.
The money United and City get for naming righrs wont cut it here ,so Usmanov is setting a much higher market value for BMD

Status
Not open for further replies.