Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...my cousin John had to get up very early in the morning because JM insisted on being first in the office. Incidentally...are you the Terry Darracott? If so you'll remember yourself and Archie Styles drinking with Sid Wills and myself at that pub in Kensington that sold the deadly Cornbrooks Bitter? I think you and Archie should have been at training at the time....things were different then !!
Yes...my cousin John had to get up very early in the morning because JM insisted on being first in the office. Incidentally...are you the Terry Darracott? If so you'll remember yourself and Archie Styles drinking with Sid Wills and myself at that pub in Kensington that sold the deadly Cornbrooks Bitter? I think you and Archie should have been at training at the time....things were different then !!
Thanks Steve,im getting emotional,you thinking I'm Terry,biggest compliment I've ever had on here!!!

He's been ousted. Nothing surer. He was "in it for the family and long term" up until the heat came on him and the other Putin puppets. I think the burden of argument is at least equally on youand others to explain why he'd leave Arsenal.

This again is ignoring the obvious in favour of an easy but highly improbable conspiracy nonsense.

A conspiracy theory works best when there is a semblance of truth behind it so it seems more plausible and this for me is the case here.

There are theories going around and the exodus of Russian based oligarchs or those with businesses with deep and integral ties to Russia, getting out of the UK. London top end mansion prices have been falling and after Salisbury, certain usual suspects have put two and two together and conspiracy theories abound. That though is far more likely to be what they are, conspiracy theories.

Usmanov is a Ukrainian national and although his business interests with Russia are extremely deep and absolutely essential, he has property in London and is unlikely to be hit with Visa difficulties.

Abramovich a very prominent oligarch who is Russian, recently had entry visa difficulties but shows no signs of selling up at Chelsea but that hasn't stopped the rumours and speculation

For me the infinitely far more likely scenario is his disaffection and deep frustration with the situation at Arsenal, with such a major and large investment but no influence and not even a prospect of such in the foreseeable future for him or his successors. His plan to leave it in the family long term was undoubtedly or almost certainly his intention, but being completely ignored and not being involved in any discussion on future plans over such a long period can have an effect, he's human and plans and intentions can change if your own feelings and frustrations urge a different approach.

He wants involvement, power and influence and will look elsewhere, the premier league has recently given by far the best returns and that must be a real possibility again. If he decides it is the premier league its more than likely Everton.

Last edited:
Any talk of Usmanov intending to invest in another club - or, certainly, a foreign club - does not stack up for me. He says he would be 'interested' in Everton if it brought with it a return on his investment. I am far from being business savvy but in my humble and very simple opinion these are some of the pro's and cons for AU to consider:

Cons:

- Everton are a 'work in progress' which still needs capital investment. What other major club - home or abroad - currently find themselves in that position?
- the financial mechanism for a new stadium is still only 'tentatively' in place
- we haven't had a decent run in Europe for many years hence income stream from that source esp. Champions League is not currently available
- we are working off limited gate receipt income although, admittedly, nowadays that probably counts for very little in comparison to all the other TV rights and sponsorship deals
- our 'worldwide' audience is paltry compared to the current Big 5/6 (and this excludes the top European clubs)
Ergo - we are not the most desirable beau at the party

Pro's:

- Everton are a 'work in progress' but with major capital investment the structure is already in place to take us to the next level and beyond
- the financial mechanism for a new stadium is still only 'tentatively' in place but with appropriate capital investment and Usmanov's clout this should become a simple push through
- European runs will become something of the norm once we can get our act together on the playing side and with added financial input to help us achieve this
- injected capital both on and off the pitch allied to more European exposure and domestic success will expose us to greater worldwide audiences and capture the next generations of football fans looking for a team to choose...or choose them
- even a new stadium with increased capacity will bear little fruit as regards revenue stream but one built in an iconic setting and with success on the pitch the club's profile will increase exponentially opening up avenues for greater sponsorship and merchandising
- the North Docks investment, in general, and this is not confined solely to the creation of a new stadium is an opportunity for AU to make considerable gains on his initial input and something which must always have been at the back of his and Moshiri's minds
- we also have a world renowned EITC initiative which others try to emulate but come nowhere near. Just thought I would add this as it reiterates the community feel of the club and something which outside investors like to see - especially in these socio-economic times - because it provides a reassurance that the club is run by and within a diligent and prudent organisation and one which emphasises longevity as its core principle
Ergo - the ugly ducking suddenly begins blooming into a beautiful swan and becomes very desirable

Just my thoughts.

Never knew this. Surprised really as Everton were considered to be the Catholic club

That was only a perception, brought about when Everton signed a number of Irish Catholic players in the 50's, who in turn brought with them a fan base of fellow countrymen. There was no Catholic tradition before then, and as the club were founded from the St Domingo's church team, their heretage is firmly Methodist.

Or maybe Bill is getting everything in order and increasing his asset value before he's bought out? Maybe?
Price of remaining shares is fixed and can’t increase if Moshiri buys them
You hardly think Moshiri would put money into the club and make it more expensive for him to complete takeover by increasing the value of Bills shares

Usmanov had a dream, to own a football team, he tried with the arse but they said no, with nothing to lose, he bought the blues, the school of science it's on its way back der der der der der der............

1)Doubt the council will loan money to someone who has the amount of money usmanov has, he just received 550m.

2)When they do sell the club the new owners aren't going to be happy to be paying the council 7m a year.

3) to sell the club for a good price there going to have to get us into the top 4. Your looking at 500m for a stadium and a further 500m to bring in world class players. Spending 1bn and then selling the club for more then that.

I can't see it
You really haven’t got a clue have you

Status
Not open for further replies.