Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me evidence aside from the sponsorship money that he's pumping money into the club

Show me evidence hes not.

EBnEVdhXoAAJJsh.jpg

Your move.

Dave - simple question:

Do you think that the Liverpool Echo is a reliable source for all Everton related news?
No. The reverse.

As I've explained until I;m blue in the face: my response was incidental to the Echo link, I was underlining what @GwladysBlue was driving at: the story has another side to it.

I hope this clarification is acceptable.

Well you really need to pay closer attention.

But you will see what your agenda allows you to see.
Willing to see the light on this. I;m not driven to hope this is all pie in the sky; the reverse is the case. I;d love nothing more than for an oligarch worth billions and billions to be taking this club the Roman and Maktoum route.

I'll leave it as this, Nothing ever turns out well for us, every time something looks good something throws a spanner in the works

I just won't believe anything until it's happening and I can see it

Ultimately it is the club that takes the debt which is why some get concerned. Originally I thought moshiri wrote off our debt interest with an interest free loan. Nothing is being gifted to Everton really is it - is Uzi just raising confidence for another loan against the club ?

That would be my guess.

Obviously the best thing would be for Moshiri/Usmanov to finance the Stadium themselves. Stadium's are exempt from FFP so we could write off the Stadium costs but massively benefit from the increase in match day revenue.

The second best option would of been to borrow from the Public works loan board at a preferential rate. My reading of the situation is that the City Council wanted to secure that by putting a charge on the TV money ensuring that the City council would be safeguarded against any future financial problems. Unfortunately we have already borrowed against those future revenues. There was also a significant shortfall once the Stadium costs escalated.

So now it looks like we are trying to borrow the money commercially. That would explain the Club hawking the Stadium around trade fairs. We have now pushed back the Clubs accounts which doesn't look good and now Usmanov is pushing the idea that he might pay for Stadium naming rights.

Basically the approach seems to be that the project isn't viable but don't worry nod nod wink wink lend us the money and Uzi will make it viable by bankrolling it with naming rights. Except naming rights deals in this country are incredibly hard to come by. Even Spurs with their billion pound stadium can't agree a deal. That is for one simple reason. Stadium rights are an American invention used because US sports don't have shirt deals. We have massive shirt sponsorship deals so naming rights are pretty irrelevant.

This may seem overly negative but what is being projected by the Club and what is actually happening are two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.