Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I heard it’s possible. But personally I don’t want this to happen. He is an oligarch, close to the Russian corrupt government. Farhad is clean, no investigations about him but Usmanov is famous and apart from the investments I am not sure I want his name to be associated with my beloved club.

Frankly, nobody gives a toss what you want. Have a nice day.

Inappropriate Behaviour
From what I heard it’s possible. But personally I don’t want this to happen. He is an oligarch, close to the Russian corrupt government. Farhad is clean, no investigations about him but Usmanov is famous and apart from the investments I am not sure I want his name to be associated with my beloved club.
You’ve got a nerve calling anyone shady. You are a bum who has taken advantage of decent people you utter rat .

Inappropriate Language
Any comment on the allegations you're a free loading ratsnake who takes advantage of others generosity and then crap on those less fortunate from a great height?
No, because it’s pointless. To comment complete bullshit and untrue? A few people here just told the untrue, a few more believed them. Hardly I can win here. But everything was not true, to say at least. Dunno why people need to do this with me?

Lads please stick to Usmanov as the Russian man being discussed - the unusual antics of another member are not the topic here, thanks.

The "Moshiri the lucky accountant" narrative doesn't really stack up. Moshiri himself is clearly an incredibly astute investor and businessman. Usmanov is very ruthless and surrounds himself with talented business people who will make him richer - he's not a charity case. If Moshiri has been his main business partner for all these years, then there is a good reason for that.
Never said he was lucky or didn’t deserve his wealth all I said was all his wealth has come through Usmanov
Moshiri was obviously clever enough and astute enough to back the right man.
It’s a high tide that floats many boats

Thank you for drawing this article to my attention but I have to admit I was already aware of the allegations contained in it, they have been widely reported and public knowledge long before Usmanov or indeed Moshiri were even linked to our club.
It is also worth noting that there are also equally respected opinions in publication which paint an entirely different picture of Usmanov and the events you relay above. To gain a balanced view you should seek them out before jumping to conclusions.
You should also be aware of the situation within the former Soviet Union since its dissolution. If you care to examine the information it is maelstrom of internecine fighting between powerful figures who have arisen, and slander, libel and false imprisonment are indeed some of the gentler tactics freely used and abused in the battle for power. Context is important.
I also find it curious that given Moshiris deep involvement Usmanov as a friend and a business partner, and also that we are sponsored by USM , that your social conscience chooses this moment to be pricked.
As for our integrity. I admire Kenwrights attention to the welfare of former players and am filled with pride with EitC, long may it continue. But how do you feel about his association with a certain Mr. P. Green? Not a lot of integrity there is there?
When I started watching Everton in the 60 s and we produced a succession of great teams including the finest we have seen , we were owned by a man who made his money by preying on other peoples weaknesses. Such was the opposition to him profiteering from football, that football clubs including our own, stopped publishing fixtures. They failed and many years later he bought our club and we became 'the Mersey Millionaires'. Integrity?
If based on this article you decide to turn your back on the club should he arrive then I respect your decision.
However if I was going to abide by such a moralistic viewpoint I should have turned my back on football as soon as I was old enough to form a coherent opinion, about half a century ago.
Excellent post sir
While it was not your intention I think I can safely say you have firmly closed the lid on @Samandsam Box with him snugly tucked up inside it.

If Usmanov is dirty then I think we can safely say that Moshiri is at least soiled.
He does Usmanovs laundry so to speak

Status
Not open for further replies.