Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand why no one gets this especially the Esk for all his business acumen. He outright refuses to accept anyone buying Usmanovs shares on the basis that they wouldn't have a board seat. Why did he buy his own Everton shares? It is an investment.

Whilst you are correct, in the end, its an investment. But I would seriously doubt that there is a company on the planet that has a 30% shareholder with zero influence at board level. That was kind of his point, like you say, as a business man.

But a strategic investor, happy to lob god only knows how much at a near as can be guaranteed cash cow, yeah, I could see that. Small pond to be fishing in though.

Why do people buy shares in Google? Facebook? Pepsi? They will never own those companies, Moshiri paid around 80m for 15% of Arsenal, he sold it for 200m, thats why people would buy shares in Arsenal.

Ah but Goat, you are not seeing Usmanov's position. He wanted more than being a share holder, he wanted to be a director this was denied. So what hope of any buyer, would they be happy sitting on their bum and having no say. To buy shares is far more than looking at your dividends if the concern makes a profit.

So bearing that in mind why would folk but Usmanov's shares?

Why do people buy shares in Google? Facebook? Pepsi? They will never own those companies, Moshiri paid around 80m for 15% of Arsenal, he sold it for 200m, thats why people would buy shares in Arsenal.

But esk said he can't sell them is what basically everyone who trots that line out bare really using for the reason mate, they just don't say it that way and instead just roll out his mantra

Whilst you are correct, in the end, its an investment. But I would seriously doubt that there is a company on the planet that has a 30% shareholder with zero influence at board level. That was kind of his point, like you say, as a business man.

But a strategic investor, happy to lob god only knows how much at a near as can be guaranteed cash cow, yeah, I could see that. Small pond to be fishing in though.

Pension scheme providers don't care about seats on boards. Stock investment companies don't care about seats on boards. They care about returns. It's mad that this point is still being periodically trotted out.

Ah but Goat, you are not seeing Usmanov's position. He wanted more than being a share holder, he wanted to be a director this was denied. So what hope of any buyer, would they be happy sitting on their bum and having no say. To buy shares is far more than looking at your dividends if the concern makes a profit.

So bearing that in mind why would folk but Usmanov's shares?

A multitude of reasons that have been covered 10 times over in this thread and multiple others.

A multitude of reasons that have been covered 10 times over in this thread and multiple others.

Have to disagree, so some buggar can go round saying I own 30% of Arsenal shares, so what it gets them diddly squat.

If you had the dosh would you but the shares in those circs????

Have to disagree, so some buggar can go round saying I own 30% of Arsenal shares, so what it gets them diddly squat.

If you had the dosh would you but the shares in those circs????

Yes because there’s money to be made.

Plus a new owner of the shares would have a different relationship with Kroenke and could find them self with a say - something he won’t give Usmanov because of who he is.

Kroenke has recently searched for a partner from the states to join him on the promise that if they buy out Usmanov, he’ll give them a seat at the table.

It’s a closed shop to Usmanov, not everyone else.

Yes because there’s money to be made.

Plus a new owner of the shares would have a different relationship with Kroenke and could find them self with a say - something he won’t give Usmanov because of who he is.

Kroenke has recently searched for a partner from the states to join him on the promise that if they buy out Usmanov, he’ll give them a seat at the table.

It’s a closed shop to Usmanov, not everyone else.

What money can be made??? Plus has any one in the states got the dosh or is interested in buying into Arsenal, I think not.

The article is based on the aims of campaigner and former minister, Ian Austin, who intends to target ‘Putin and his cronies’,not the ‘Russian people’ with sanctions etc, following the poisoning incident in Wiltshire and other recent unsavoury incidents involving defectors to the U.K.

Usmanov is mentioned in the article, as he fits the description of ‘crony’ due to his close connections with Putin via his wife, notwithstading the fact that he is also a billionaire and Russian born.

He was born in Uzbekistan to uzbek parents, Uzbekistan isn't and never has been Russia mate.

It's also the daily mail, same balanced paper that routinely runs borderline hare campaigns against immigrants, the disabled, and people in welfare.

What money can be made??? Plus has any one in the states got the dosh or is interested in buying into Arsenal, I think not.

Oh mate. Have you seen how much these owners in the NFL, NBA and NHL are worth. That’s not even touching on any one else over there - that’s just the other owners in his leagues that he’s asked to buy in.

Plenty of money to be made in football and they love money.

Oh mate. Have you seen how much these owners in the NFL, NBA and NHL are worth. That’s not even touching on any one else over there - that’s just the other owners in his leagues that he’s asked to buy in.

Plenty of money to be made in football and they love money.

They have not exactly been rushing over have they?

Status
Not open for further replies.