Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know much about finance do you?

I know that when you are owned by a billionaire that lots of avenues of credit are readily available, especially to a club that has shown an impeccable record in paying back debt in the past and also has an income of 190m per annum.

I mean, which club would you consider loaning money to?

Spurs :
Furloughed all its staff cos it couldnt pay its bills
Went to get another bank loan for 175m on top of the 637m debt it already has
Didnt spend any money in a Summer transfer window cos utterly on its arse skint

or

Everton :
Paid all its staff 100% wages
Has no outstanding debts
Has spent 450m on players in the last 3 years
Has seen its revenues increase vastly in the last few years

But please feel free to explain how Spurs have a better credit rating than Everton.

So to answer your question, yeah, I know loads about finance, WBU?

I know that when you are owned by a billionaire that lots of avenues of credit are readily available, especially to a club that has shown an impeccable record in paying back debt in the past and also has an income of 190m per annum.

Spurs :

or

Everton :
Has no outstanding debts

But please feel free to explain how Spurs have a better credit rating than Everton.

I would feel it's a *bit* more nuanced than that when it comes to credit ratings..

"struggle" might be a bit outlandish. Isn't the general consensus here that London prints money essentially? Wouldn;t it make a safer bet the people who do bean counting towards London?

Yes, but im not really claiming Spurs cant get credit, we know they can, the Spurs fella claimed Everton have a poor credit rating.

Based on what im not sure.

I would feel it's a *bit* more nuanced than that when it comes to credit ratings..
Yes.........but no one is obsessed about credit ratings at that level. Average person personal finance and billionaire plaything stadiums are not financed in the same way, and its a bit absurd to think they are. The reason the bank is wary of lending you money, is because it doesnt know you, and doesnt know you are good for it. At this level, there often is no bank. There are very rich friends, there are personal connections, there is a man named Usmanov that can sign on a piece of paper that he guarantees a loan backed by USM equity and any lender or private individual/group in the world will take that note.

You are thinking like a small fish, trying to figure out what the big fish are doing.

Yes, but im not really claiming Spurs cant get credit, we know they can, the Spurs fella claimed Everton have a poor credit rating.

I suspect that Spurs assets are worth considerably more than Everton's in the event of liquidation eg Harry Kane v Richarlison and the new White Hart Lane v Goodison.

Spurs :

or

Everton :
Has no outstanding debts

Nah, obviously you don't.

So obviously you don't but you then went on a mini meltdown.

P.S.
I said "Not with Everton's credit rating"
not
"Everton's poor credit rating."

Not an expert by any means, but maybe our past credit history, pre Moshiri. Didn't we borrow on the strength of the the sky money, sometimes two years in advance or was it the season ticket sales, even both. We also had to use shady off shore loan sharks, because we couldn't get the better loan facilities by Barclays etc. We were seen as a bad risk in them cash strapped Everton days.

Status
Not open for further replies.