Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing for me...unless of course he plans to divest himself of his Arsenal holdings and reinvest in Everton with this being the first step.

It seems like it could be a related party transaction?

This has Sasha Ryantszev written all over it.

So my understanding of the situation is that basically he's given us a huge-money sponsorship as a way of being able to invest in the club whilst also keeping his shares with Arsenal intact?

giphy.gif

So my understanding of the situation is that basically he's given us a huge-money sponsorship as a way of being able to invest in the club whilst also keeping his shares with Arsenal intact?

Yep, he "helps" his business partner out of a pickle and he pisses off the Yank at Arsenal who wont be happy hes spending money on another Premier League club.

Do not mess with Ali.

Surely he couldn't be a share holder at arsenal and a major shareholder of a company that sponsors Everton can he?

Ask a genuine question like.

It'd be unusual mate, but I don't know of any reason why he can't. So long as he's not directly or indirectly influencing two clubs then it should be fine.

The authorities will probably also cast an eye over the value of the sponsorship to make sure Moshiri isn't funding the club indirectly via the back door to get round FFP, but Moshiri and Usmanov's advisors are bright blokes and will know what they can get away with.

Happy days.Well, unless it's only worth 250k/year in which case .... boo.

But it's happy days really.
Welcome back btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.