Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a bit loath for us all to clutch our pearls about usmanov , his connection has been obvious for ages and it’s now we’re being shafted most of us care a bit more .

Could you expand? I'm not a finance person so I don't make the connection.
D99BAE91-075E-42B7-97C9-117C12FC7B48.jpeg

Thank for posting that. Reading some of the details is a bit of a shock to me to be honest.

Could you expand? I'm not a finance person so I don't make the connection.
Laundering is like in nob films, money from ill gotten gains, drug deals, racketeering etc

Legitimising not so much criminality but questionable wealth, in this case as a result of the break up and nefarious privatisation of aspects of former USSR.

That help ?

*mob films (left nob in as its made me laugh)

Think you are all right about money laundering being a bit of a stretch (understatement). However, I am curious about why the arms length and obfuscation around his connection to Everton.

Any thoughts?
No idea. I doubt he knew of Putins plans for Ukraine in 2016, so why he remained in the shadows is a weird one (once he'd ditched his remaining shares to Kronke)
Not laundering, legitimising probably a better way to describe it
Legitimise himself, maybe. Again, he has far easier ways to make his money respectable than roll the dice with professional sports. Don't forget, he's donated millions of dollars worth to sports in Uzbekistan and Russia, he's 'legit' and benevolent in the eyes of many.

There's only 20 PL clubs, to own one of them is quite a bragging right at parties in that rarefied atmosphere. He already owns the biggest private yacht (by tonnage), the castle in Bavaria. Why not a PL team, even if it's owned semi - privately?

He's clearly to big to drive an F1 car or be an astronaut.... So Everton it is.

No idea. I doubt he knew of Putins plans for Ukraine in 2016, so why he remained in the shadows is a weird one (once he'd ditched his remaining shares to Kronke)

Legitimise himself, maybe. Again, he has far easier ways to make his money respectable than roll the dice with professional sports. Don't forget, he's donated millions of dollars worth to sports in Uzbekistan and Russia, he's 'legit' and benevolent in the eyes of many.

There's only 20 PL clubs, to own one of them is quite a bragging right at parties in that rarefied atmosphere. He already owns the biggest private yacht (by tonnage), the castle in Bavaria. Why not a PL team, even if it's owned semi - privately?

He's clearly to big to drive an F1 car or be an astronaut.... So Everton it is.
2016 ? They annexed Crimea in 2014 so I think he was well aware of Putin foreign policy given his (Putin) former employer was. Either way, what's done is done. Matters little now.

Laundering is like in nob films, money from ill gotten gains, drug deals, racketeering etc

Legitimising not so much criminality but questionable wealth, in this case as a result of the break up and nefarious privatisation of aspects of former USSR.

That help ?

*mob films (left nob in as its made me laugh)
Yeah, I know the meaning of both, but I'm more curious about how it relates to Everton. I.e. how does hanging in the background chucking money into a club without actually officially owing it 'legitimising'?

Status
Not open for further replies.