Underwhelming Everton players you loved #1: Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bilya was definitely one of them....i really wanted him to be boss, but the agression and pace here was just too much. He had the tekkers' no doubt about it.

Funnily enough the other one who had the same effect on me was Stephen Hughes when he signed from the Arse.

Loved bily so much, not sure i've ever had this much man love in my life, but if he was on 12 shades of blue i'd be buying it for more than the hope hibbo gets his kit of.

Its such a shame he isnt about this days because i know it didnt work out for him, but i feel in the new way we're playing, he would really shine, in a more creative free flowing everton team. Ironically i feel it was his cash from the sale, which bought jelavic and turned everton around, and now cahill has left (although i loved him too) we could have seen bily given his freedom.

His goals against wolves, man u, and especially portsmouth were boss, but one of my favourites of his was in pre season america against 'Dc'??? and he was in the hole, and seemed to wait literally forever as the ball floated across his body before flicking it between the defenders legs and into the goal. Showed to me that he was much more than a guy who could hit a ball hard.

Although the missus doesn't like it, front running name for our first child is definitely diniyar.

Despite obvious ability he was quite dreadful but I also loved him. Let on to him once as he was at the lights with his window down and his face lit up as if he'd won the Euromillions.

By the way that table is ridiculous. Bily as fast as Gareth Bale, Wilshere quicker than Walcott? And why are nearly all of the fastest players recorded at precisely 22.37mph?

Despite obvious ability he was quite dreadful but I also loved him. Let on to him once as he was at the lights with his window down and his face lit up as if he'd won the Euromillions.

By the way that table is ridiculous. Bily as fast as Gareth Bale, Wilshere quicker than Walcott? And why are nearly all of the fastest players recorded at precisely 22.37mph?

22.37mph is at lightspeed, so it's not possible to go faster, never heard of physics or Einstein?

I do maintain that he was fast, it just doesn't necessarily mean he's nimble and quick like Mirallas (who's also bloody fast, haha).

It just took him ages to reach full steam, see the breakaway for Colemans goal against Brentford, he gets up to some speed there.

Dini is basically a 98 Golf, takes him about 11 seconds to get to 60 but his top speed is a comfortable 135mph.

Concise, eh?

My lad had his name on a home shirt, and met him in the dressing room on his birthday to get it signed, get a pic and receive his salutations.

Was really disappointed that we never saw the best of him though, and don't blame him for wanting the move to safeguard his international place.

#42 Mark Ward

didnt ever do anything special that i can remember. good eye for a pass, but just loved his penalty kicks, EVERYONE of them in-off the underside of the crossbar.
pure class...............A

I think Bily would have been a world beater in Italy, somewhere he would get plenty of time on the ball.

Technically, amazing, but he just wasn't fast enough for the premiership...he needed too much time to think.

There's a .gif of him feinting & looping the ball over some Chelsea players head (Essien? Bosingwa?) somewhere, it's boss.

He scored some belters that ripped through space and time.

His Portsmouth goal is probably the best strike ive ever seen in the flesh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOEVElu6gHw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He clearly just says "balls to this" and just wellies it like a heat seeking scud missile aimed for the top bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.