Unacceptable Amateurism

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesb1970

Player Valuation: £20m
Dithering Davey has to take some responsibility for this summers fiasco. OK, Kenwright is a complete melt for the watch this space comment and so many other idiotic public statements. We don't seem to be able to business in a competent manner which is really worrying. We bid low on quality players. Why will any club accept lower than the market price for a world class player(Moutinho). Why would any player move for half the wages(Smith) and why would any manager trust an agent he doesn't even know to broker a deal(Love). The club is an utter shambles. Now Moyes has come out and said that he is looking for players of a lesser quality. What? We now smack of total desperation. Why would any decent player play for a manager that has publicly said that the players he is now signing are second rate. We are now in such a weak position for negotiating with players and clubs. I don't know where the problem really is within the club but Moyes has to shoulder the blame to a certain extent. He has stated on numerous occasions that he won't sign his contract until "certain things are sorted out". There is not one class player that would risk his reputation by signing for a man that may be leaving. This has been proved by our lack of numbers. This situation defies belief. Someone has to take the blame for missing the biggest opportunity this club has had for 20 years. We are going backwards again and if we are not careful it could become freefall. PATHETIC.

[Poor language removed] sucks, what's your point?

there are a million threads here about the various things about the club that are terrible now, obviously things are not good at all, but theres nothing we can do. tough to be a blue right now, but what are you gonna do, ya know?

Back the manager.

Were you complaining when he got us into a Champions League spot and took us into Europe on two more occassions?

He's the best we can get.

Focus on the real problem - the incompetent boardroom.

I don't think the lack of signings is Moyes fault. Pretty much as last season finished he should have been given a transfer budget to work with pre seasons, from parts of Moyes interviews I have read he seems to hint that funds/the budget weren't available as early as he would have liked. He has said it every pre season when we have signed players early that he loves getting them in early so they can be bedded into the team ready for the season. Given the choice he would like the players in early, which makes me think, when did the actual funds become available??

The board have to take a lot of the blame for this, it is a poor situation that the manager is now having to spend more time than he would like looking for players now the season has started rather than spending it with his team.

Moving forward, would a Director of Football type help working alongside Moyes in the transfer market so that not too much of his attention isn't diverted away from the first team.

Dithering Davey has to take some responsibility for this summers fiasco. OK, Kenwright is a complete melt for the watch this space comment and so many other idiotic public statements. We don't seem to be able to business in a competent manner which is really worrying. We bid low on quality players. Why will any club accept lower than the market price for a world class player(Moutinho). Why would any player move for half the wages(Smith) and why would any manager trust an agent he doesn't even know to broker a deal(Love). The club is an utter shambles. Now Moyes has come out and said that he is looking for players of a lesser quality. What? We now smack of total desperation. Why would any decent player play for a manager that has publicly said that the players he is now signing are second rate. We are now in such a weak position for negotiating with players and clubs. I don't know where the problem really is within the club but Moyes has to shoulder the blame to a certain extent. He has stated on numerous occasions that he won't sign his contract until "certain things are sorted out". There is not one class player that would risk his reputation by signing for a man that may be leaving. This has been proved by our lack of numbers. This situation defies belief. Someone has to take the blame for missing the biggest opportunity this club has had for 20 years. We are going backwards again and if we are not careful it could become freefall. PATHETIC.

Absolutely pathetic post. All these people crying for "Moyes to take responsibility" what do you want him to do, come out and apologise for trying his hardest and not getting the results you want? Or maybe you just want him to resign now, we would be in a great state then. Apart from the fact that a lot of the lack of signings prob arent his fault people are still calling for moyes to accept the blame, moyes to accept responsibility blah blah blah...

At the end of all this we have no money, we arent in the "Big 4" and we havent won anything since the 90's, hardly a shock its hard to attract the big names especially when we cant lace their palms with silver. Frustrating though it is blaming the best thing our club has is hardly getting us anywhere, if you dislike the way things are that much why not pick your ball up and stop supporting them.

It's not moyes fault, the explaination he had given really explains everything we had expected. We DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH FUNDS! Simple as that!

We have 10m more to spend after selling AJ, this is more than enough to put in a higher bid by a few million for moutinho. I do not understand why the board refuse to up our bid. One explaination is that our transfer fund is less than 5m before selling AJ.

Absolutely pathetic post. All these people crying for "Moyes to take responsibility" what do you want him to do, come out and apologise for trying his hardest and not getting the results you want? Or maybe you just want him to resign now, we would be in a great state then. Apart from the fact that a lot of the lack of signings prob arent his fault people are still calling for moyes to accept the blame, moyes to accept responsibility blah blah blah...

At the end of all this we have no money, we arent in the "Big 4" and we havent won anything since the 90's, hardly a shock its hard to attract the big names especially when we cant lace their palms with silver. Frustrating though it is blaming the best thing our club has is hardly getting us anywhere, if you dislike the way things are that much why not pick your ball up and stop supporting them.
Moyes did come out and apologise. you need to keep up. Why would I stop supporting them? I am submitting a post to comment on the amateur way we do business, Moyes dithers, doesnt sign his contract and bids low on quality players. It hardly exudes confidence does it? Or is this acceptable to you Bez. Kenwright also has to take responsibility for his actions. It seems the club didnt have money at the end of last season so that didnt help. He also comes out on telly saying watch this space and acting all confident about signings. This all plays into players, clubs and agents hands as it puts the onus on us to come up with the signings then. Can you not see that? It is obvious!!! Moyes now says hes looking at players of a lesser quality. Hardly a motivation for a good players to sign for us is it? You have your opinion and I have mine. We can both post and agree or disagree but to say for me to stop supporting them is idiotic. I drive a 500 mile trip to watch them and have every right to my opinion. Perhaps you are just the type of person who likes to give up on things when you don't like them. Me? I'll turn up and moan until it gets better. it is called loyalty. Look it up!

bluesb1970 said:
Dithering Davey has to take some responsibility for this summers fiasco.

This isnt commenting on the way we do business, this is demanding the manager to "take responsibility".

bluesb1970 said:
Moyes did come out and apologise. you need to keep up. Why would I stop supporting them? I am submitting a post to comment on the amateur way we do business

So he has already taken responsibility then? No idea what you expect him to do and to be honest i dont think you do either!

bluesb1970 said:
Moyes now says hes looking at players of a lesser quality. Hardly a motivation for a good players to sign for us is it?

Hardly got a [Poor language removed] choice have we

bluesb1970 said:
You have your opinion and I have mine. We can both post and agree or disagree but to say for me to stop supporting them is idiotic. I drive a 500 mile trip to watch them and have every right to my opinion. Perhaps you are just the type of person who likes to give up on things when you don't like them. Me? I'll turn up and moan until it gets better. it is called loyalty. Look it up!

Loyalty is standing by someone through hard times and good, giving them your full support. Im sure your moaning is a great help to the club ;) (n). You are fully entitled to your opinion as is everyone else here, im just fed up of hearing the same [Poor language removed] from people, moyes needs to do this, kenwright needs to do that etc....

I just cba with it all, at the end of all this we are better with Moyes than without and we are better with Kenwright than without. Sure they have both shown they arent their best at the top level of the transfer market and Kenwright has hardly handed us much money, but id but rather have moyes than someone like Big sam and id rather have £10 of kenwrights money than [Poor language removed] all of no-one's.

I agree that things havent gone well this summer but hopefully they have learned from it and in future are going to conduct better business, its a learning curve for both of them and now we need to ride out this [Poor language removed] patch try and maintain some of the quality from last season.

This isnt commenting on the way we do business, this is demanding the manager to "take responsibility".

So he has already taken responsibility then? No idea what you expect him to do and to be honest i dont think you do either!

Hardly got a [Poor language removed] choice have we

Loyalty is standing by someone through hard times and good, giving them your full support. Im sure your moaning is a great help to the club ;) (n). You are fully entitled to your opinion as is everyone else here, im just fed up of hearing the same [Poor language removed] from people, moyes needs to do this, kenwright needs to do that etc....

I just cba with it all, at the end of all this we are better with Moyes than without and we are better with Kenwright than without. Sure they have both shown they arent their best at the top level of the transfer market and Kenwright has hardly handed us much money, but id but rather have moyes than someone like Big sam and id rather have £10 of kenwrights money than [Poor language removed] all of no-one's.

I agree that things havent gone well this summer but hopefully they have learned from it and in future are going to conduct better business, its a learning curve for both of them and now we need to ride out this [Poor language removed] patch try and maintain some of the quality from last season.
you seem to be good at telling me what i should do or what i do or don't know.
DM did have a choice, to say about looking for lesser quality to the press or not. This didn't have to be a public statement. Obvious but i needed to explain it to you. you probably knew i would as you know my mind!!!
How the hell do you know if we are in a better position with or without DM and BK? Have you got a crystal ball.
You hope that they have learnt from their transfer dealings this year. What a blinkered fool you must be, or have you just started supporting. We have been missing out on players every season.
If you are tired of reading the same old rubbish then don't come on to a forum. Take your ball and go home. It seems to be the answer for you. Not only do you hate it ut you respond to it. Let people have their say with castigating them for it. We disagree. Get over it.

I don,t blame moysie its that lying [Poor language removed] kenwright.
This should be a great season for us after last year but look at us we have not got a proper first team for the 2nd game of the season.
I can,t believe that some on here are still up kenwrights arse so much they have no sense of reality.

you seem to be good at telling me what i should do or what i do or don't know.
DM did have a choice, to say about looking for lesser quality to the press or not. This didn't have to be a public statement. Obvious but i needed to explain it to you. you probably knew i would as you know my mind!!!
How the hell do you know if we are in a better position with or without DM and BK? Have you got a crystal ball.
You hope that they have learnt from their transfer dealings this year. What a blinkered fool you must be, or have you just started supporting. We have been missing out on players every season.
If you are tired of reading the same old rubbish then don't come on to a forum. Take your ball and go home. It seems to be the answer for you. Not only do you hate it ut you respond to it. Let people have their say with castigating them for it. We disagree. Get over it.

Fine cant be arsed arguin with you, much better things to be doing today.

coyb!

I know this thread has been greeted with a mixed response, which is fine, but I just wanted to make a small point on something related. I have been on the official site today and saw The New Great Dane in his new kit. Er no its not a kit actually. Its just a training kit. What the hell is going on. Why can't we even get a proper top for him to be paraded in. The club is totally corrupt with unprofessionalism. Imagine if he was signed by Manure, Chelski or Them. I know this is a minor point but it seems to me that the whole club needs to pull its socks up. There! I feel better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.