TV Fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
no chance will the police let us have the half 5 slot, 12.45 on the Saturday it will be

anfield derby last season was played on a Wednesday night last season....had the police wanted they could have told the FA all derby games must be played over weekends with an early kick off preferable...

will either be 12:45 Saturday or 1:00 Sunday....can't remember the last league Goodison derby that wasn't given an early kick off (probably when big dunc & ride out scored in 94).....annoys me that Sky & BT insist on putting it on the early kick off these days....

would love to see it given the Saturday 5:30 or Monday night kick off...

i'm sure the Don Hutchison Derby around the turn of the century was an evening kick off.

And that 2-2 draw when The Rat thought he had won it in the last minute.....I think that was a Sunday 4 pm kick off.

I would bet they will move us to Sunday, and will also move spurs v arsenal so sky can have their super Sunday.... Then they will just move the rs game v spurs to Wed....

I hadn't thought of that.

Does anyone know how the games are chosen (i.e do Bt get 2nd pick?) as I think they'd be very keen to show the Derby but I think Sky given a choice of the two would go for the Spurs Arsenal Match

There was also the Gosling game but that was a reply so had to be a night match.

What about Man United, when did we last play them at Goodison at night?

There was also the Gosling game but that was a reply so had to be a night match.

What about Man United, when did we last play them at Goodison at night?

NSNO did stipulate a league Derby.

And as for United at night.....Big Fellani.....pick it out, son.....Monday night first game of the season in 2012 :)

anfield derby last season was played on a Wednesday night last season....had the police wanted they could have told the FA all derby games must be played over weekends with an early kick off preferable...

Theres a Difference between a wednesday when people have been working and a saturday when theyre off and have all day on the ale though

...and not everyone that goes is from the area. Like others, pay a lot of money for a ST for Sky/BT to change it to midweek makes it nigh impossible to get to...guess they pay EFC more money for the privilege than us ST holders. Be one of the fixtures I do want to get to is the derby so hope it stays weekend.

I hadn't thought of that.

Does anyone know how the games are chosen (i.e do Bt get 2nd pick?) as I think they'd be very keen to show the Derby but I think Sky given a choice of the two would go for the Spurs Arsenal Match
The live TV packages are split into (currently) 7 bundles of 13 or 26. A couple of the smaller bundles are designated as "dibs", whereby the winning bidder gets first pick for those weekends. BT have one of them, so basically they can have dibs on all of the RS games.

The speculation is that next bidding round (2016/17 start) there'll be another bundle added for Saturday games, at the 8.00pm slot. I don't live in the UK anymore, but imagine that'll upset the Strictly lovers amongst you... or is it X-factor?

sorry, havent read the entire thred but when do you think they will announce any potential change to the derby? I am hoping to book flights soon for it but dont want to until its confirmed

Weird that the North London Derby has fallen on the same day as the proper derby twice this season.

We were early and they were late earlier in the season, so time for a switch around? 5.30 on Saturday please Sky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.