Trevor Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he was underated, Everton legend, & a very good international footballer !!

Agree, certainly not underated by us Evertonians or Rangers fans they loved him as well but outwith I don't think at club level others knew how good he really was, shame the European ban for English clubs was in place as we would have won more silverware if the likes of him and Gary Stevens had stayed longer.

In 85 I had our silver away kit and got my mum to sew a very big fat "7" on the back of it. Never had another footballing hero (well, apart from Nev), Trev was consistently excellent though he wasn't at his best in the 86 and 89 cup finals.

He, Reid, big Nev and Inchy are my all time favourite players at Everton. To have any one if then now would be a treat.

Any future time travellers reading this.... MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Actually finding it hard to put into words how good Trev was.
Skilful,fast,balanced,great shot,fantastic crosser,non stop runner,good in the air.
In a nutshell an all round class act and a good egg.
Would walk into the current England team every time.
A total footballer.
God I wish we had him playing today

Lucky enough to have watched him play, fantastic player, under rated by the media and Ingurland, was a crime him leaving and so cheaply to Rangers, never understood that move he, could have played anywhere in europe....another massive cost to us being banned was the break up of that side

Lucky enough to have watched him play, fantastic player, under rated by the media and Ingurland, was a crime him leaving and so cheaply to Rangers, never understood that move he, could have played anywhere in europe....another massive cost to us being banned was the break up of that side
Won Champions medals in 3 different Countries

Equally good at centre mid as he was down the right wing. Complete midfielder.

Boss at pens too - he was next on the list after Waddle in the WC semi in '90, terrible decision with hindsight!

I don't think tricky is under rated but Gary Stevens definitely is. It seems unbelievable that rangers took both of them off us while they were still in their prime. A massive turning point for us sadly

Tricky Trev was brilliant, oh to have a player like him now (not that we have a forward to provide for though) and what a sie we had back then.

Gary Stevens was superb, always tickled me there was another couple as well at the time when I was a kid growing up, the Spurs defender and a striker for Shrewsbury. Seem to remember a football focus thing on them once.

Status
Not open for further replies.