Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things that will happen:

1 - John Stones will stay.
2 - Funes Mori will sign.
3 - Rodriguez will not get to play before christmas.
4 - We will sign a slightly enticing attacking option.
5 - Martinez will label whoever we sign as a fantastic capture for the club.
6 - Gareth Barry will start the next game.
7 - Tony Hibbert will exist.

....have to say I like what I've seen of Praet. Whoever comes in as a no10 will probably mean a re-think of where Barkley plays.

And this is why I think we won't sign one, can't see Martinez changing his system, you can't drop Barkley but a good number 10 would greatly improve Ross and our teams performance, Barkley would score a lot more goals too and teams would have a nightmare defending against us, for this reason I would be astonished if it actually happened

There's no excuse whatsoever. Pienaar cant be pointed to with any credibility. He's just not able to get anything more than a handful of games (at very best).

Get a player with guile in or see the season slip away. Pretty simple really.

And we know there is or has been money available for one, so the ball is firmly in Martinez' court

There's no excuse whatsoever. Pienaar cant be pointed to with any credibility. He's just not able to get anything more than a handful of games (at very best).

Get a player with guile in or see the season slip away. Pretty simple really.

Yep, we look painfully out of ideas when faced with a stubborn defense. We need someone in those situations to play with their head up.

And this is why I think we won't sign one, can't see Martinez changing his system, you can't drop Barkley but a good number 10 would greatly improve Ross and our teams performance, Barkley would score a lot more goals too and teams would have a nightmare defending against us, for this reason I would be astonished if it actually happened
But if that were the case why has Martinez identified a playmaker as one we need?

Status
Not open for further replies.