Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, three of them teams you say are lower/midtable finished above us last season.

Very true. But come on? Those 3 have just had their best ever seasons of premiership football, and we had our worst since 05/06. And they still only finished a few points ahead of us. And that's with the 10 extra European games/massive injury list/other teams working is out/worst Christmas ever.

Are they all bigger/better clubs than us now? No. Would you swap our squad for any of theirs? No.

It is like us claiming in summer 2014 that we were a bigger club/have a better squad than United because we had our best season in years and they had their worst ever in the prem.

Nobody on here was stupid enough to think that then, so we shouldn't think it when it goes the other way.

To answer that, look at the overall squad and weve generally got these types

A-- Young players with top potential
B-- Top players at the end of their careers
C-- Rubbish
D-- Players coming into their peak.

So it meeds to be either A/B/D to make it a worthwhile signing.

If it was me i'd either sign someone on a season long loan OR someone 32 ish as a stopgap for 2 seasons.

If theres no one available there (highly unlikely) i'd sign Romagnoli and have our central defensive 4 players sorted for the next decade. If we signed Romagnoli i'd be fine with no more business for the window.

So, out of interest, who would you look to sign?

You've got strong opinions on who we shouldn't, so what is the solution?

Bizarre right...couldnt sleep till 4am...no idea why just really wound me up.

Very much a crucial 3 transfer windows for us now with a lot of players out of contract in a season...so im getting a bit too excited.
If you're getting so worked up that you're losing sleep over the possibility of singing a player, then I'm sorry to say, but maybe supporting Everton isn't for you mate.

Martinez can do one if he sanctions a sale and we don't end up a much stronger squad as a result of it.

The only way he should be sold is if the money buys us a TOP striker, a brilliant replacement for Stones and a number 10.

35m or so should do it.

He's made a song and dance about the club not needing to sell, so let's see if he was chatting bollocks or not.

I'm a "tool" for being passionate about not wanting a poor player....

Dearie me, can really tell alot about you from that post.

Im glad I'm not the only one. What an utter tool.

Evans is very useful, and an appropriate addition to our squad.

Evans is certainly not a poor player. He would be a very good addition, maybe not for 8m, but some people in here actually need their head testing!

Are you suggesting Evertonians shouldnt be passionate?

If you're getting so worked up that you're losing sleep over the possibility of singing a player, then I'm sorry to say, but maybe supporting Everton isn't for you mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.