Transfer Window rating

Out of 10, what's your rating of our Window?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall I'm happy with the transfer window. 11 out mainly on big money. 8 in. Defence, midfield all improved . Only up front. Could have done with another.
Lost only one player I'd rather have kept in Richy. So let's see what Frank can do now

3/10 for me, the fans but more importantly Fronk has been badly let down by the boards negligence in purchasing a striker. All this talk of DCL's return and we'll be sound is nonsense, his injury record is alarming coupled with his recent mental health revelations, that I fully respect and sympathise with. I see big improvement in the midfield, Garner I heard is box to box and puts some great through balls forward but I'm not too sure who's gonna feed off these through balls, here's hoping Maupay is a revelation !!!

With the cards Lampard / Thelwell we’re dealt this summer I think they did a good job.

I think we have significantly strengthened in defence and midfield, but not attack. Goals are a worry.
As a whole, the squad is better than last season which is more crucial with 5 subs allowed per game.

7/10.

3/10 for me, the fans but more importantly Fronk has been badly let down by the boards negligence in purchasing a striker. All this talk of Dominic Calvert-Lewin's return and we'll be sound is nonsense, his injury record is alarming coupled with his recent mental health revelations, that I fully respect and sympathise with. I see big improvement in the midfield, Garner I heard is box to box and puts some great through balls forward but I'm not too sure who's gonna feed off these through balls, here's hoping Maupay is a revelation !!!
Seriously mate a 3????

Defence- Keane and Holgate to Tarks and Cody. Far far better

Midfield- Davies, Allan, Gomes, Dacoure to Onana , Gana, Gardnar. A far far better midfield

Att- yes we lost Richy but if Maupay can pick up 8 then that replaces Richy goals plus Gordon should get at least 8

Honestly I really like the signings we've made and feel they are improvements in their respective positions.

However, the lack of firepower is ridiculous, have the board not been watching our opening games ?

Overall a 5/10 because we obviously needed another forward.

5/10 for me. Some good additions but I just cant see us scoring enough. Failure to add enough attacking options could cost us. I hope I'm wrong. It was lack of goals cost Burnley last season.

With the cards Lampard / Thelwell we’re dealt this summer I think they did a good job.

I think we have significantly strengthened in defence and midfield, but not attack. Goals are a worry.
As a whole, the squad is better than last season which is more crucial with 5 subs allowed per game.

7/10.
Are we less off with goals really, Maupay will get 8-10 same as Richy, if Gordon can up his scoring from 4 to 8 and hopefully Grey will get the same amount as last season and McNeil will hopefully start scoring

I remember when we wrote of richi when he came from watford…he had a long spell of not scoring. Now we write off others. Not saying I’m delighted, but we signed what we needed, and should EXPECT more from all our current attacking players.

….putting aside who did and didn’t come in, we have played 5 league games and 1 cup game without an effective striker. That isn’t just inefficient, it’s negligence & could prove very costly.

Maupay or AN Other should’ve been acquired as soon as Dominic Calvert-Lewin was injured. Thelwell has to be held accountable for not filling that obvious void & I reflected that in my score.

Only time will tell if the players that come in improve us on last season, but I think we have a potential super player in Onana. Generally I’d say;

Defensively - stronger
Midfield - stronger
Attacking threat - weaker

January isn’t too far off and I can see us addressing our weakness in attack but we should have been quicker off the mark in this window.

Can’t help thinking that maybe .. just maybe .. the board are hoping to pick up someone after WC.

Where some stupid prices being banded about and we ain’t Chelsea/City or even thanks the Lord the RS

3/10

There are no goals in the side. No quality in attack. And whether we stay in this league depends on the fitness of a player who can't put games together

The idea this was a good window is utter nonsense and there is a lot of delusion going around. If you have as few goals as we do then there's little chance of not being in and around the bottom
Eeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.