transfer rumours, a possible explanation ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

inertia3112

Player Valuation: £1.5m
for lack of activity.

ACTUAL reason for no movement on Everton transfer front is because of 2 reasons. 1 is that two of their Targets (Dave Nugent and Leighton Baines) who have agreed to move to Everton but a fee, personal terms and a medical are still to take place are both on currently on England U21 Duty and so won't be able to do anything until they return from Holland, which at the latest will be 24th June (day after U21 Championship Final), so a fee is being agreed with Preston for Nugent and Wigan for Baines and then on 24th June they will both hold talks and a medical with Everton before signing Five-Year deals with the club, with the fees being £5m and £4m respectively.

THE OTHER reason there has been little/ no movement on the transfer front is, that although this might seem a bit Weird is because of the Chariman's (Bill Kenwright) involvement in the show 'Any Dream Will Do', and has so been living in London for large periods of time and has been so tied up in organising it, etc. he hasn't had time for Transfer discussions and the like. BUT as the final of this show is over, Kenwright will return to Goodison Park first thing tomorrow where he will help tie up deals for Manuel Fernandes (One-Year loan) and to put a deal in place for Phil Jagielka, that will trigger if Sheffield United are condemned to the Championship. If and when the Jury rejects the claims of Sheffield United, Jagielka will sign THAT DAY for £4m.

Deals are also believed to be in the pipe line for Jason Koumas for £3m, Justin Mapp (an American Winger who plays for Chicago Fire) on a One-Year loan and Jonny Evans from Man United for an Unknown fee as a Long-term Replacement for Alan Stubbs.

Making way will be James McFadden and Andy van der Meyde who have both struggled to settle since their respective moves over the past few seasons, with McFadden to Rangers or Derby and van der Meyde to Ajax or FC Twente.

The rumours of James Beattie swapping places with Jason Roberts are true, but this deal is likely to take some time in Discussion and is only in very early stages at the moment, but any deal would infact involve Jason Roberts + Cash, because Moyes doesn't actually want to sell James Beattie, so any offer for him would take some persuasion from Blackburn's Cheque book, despite the fact every Evertonian would jump at the chance for a straight swap, Moyes is obviously try to get as much out of the deal as he can. Roberts would then act as a Mentor for Vaughan and Anichebe.

;)

Cheers mate. I will take it all as fact and will sleep with a semi tonight.

I may even have posted it here, before lyndon put it on toffeeweb.

just to make it clear though, i didnt post it in the toffeeweb forum AT ALL.

HA HA, suspicious. Shall I email Lyndon to find out. ;)

I've drank mucho wino this evening, anything could happen. :)

Wow, I'd love to see Justin Mapp in an Everton shirt but I can't imagine us getting him on loan.

I'd figure we'd have to pony up at least 2M-3M to MLS to get him.

Rest assured though, it would be money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.