Trains to the match on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preston-Ormskirk and Wigan Wallgate-Kirkby trains don't run on Sundays either. So you can't connect with trains to Kirkdale.

Travel via Wigan NW, or make a longer journey via Warrington.

And don't book direct to Kirkdale. Get a cheap return to Lime Street then another return to Kirkdale, or a Soccerbus ticket via Sandhills.

Another niche piece of information for the peoples of Southport and/or Formby that may assist in future trips to Goodison and the city.

If you've got a railcard and you're travelling off-peak, get a ticket to Mossley Hill. It's cheaper than getting a ticket to Bank Hall, Sandhills, Moorfields or Central, but as you have to travel via these stations you can just get off there. Return or single.

Another niche piece of information for the peoples of Southport and/or Formby that may assist in future trips to Goodison and the city.

If you've got a railcard and you're travelling off-peak, get a ticket to Mossley Hill. It's cheaper than getting a ticket to Bank Hall, Sandhills, Moorfields or Central, but as you have to travel via these stations you can just get off there. Return or single.
Suitably impressed - how in God's name did you come across this weird and wonderful piece of information?

For off-peak train travel, a Merseyrail Day Saver can be a bargain.

Day Saver Fares 1 Zone
Adult (19yrs+) £3.70
Young Person (5-18yrs) £1.85

Day Saver Fares All Zones - as far as Ormskirk, Southport and Chester
Adult (19yrs+) £5.00
Young Person (5-18yrs) £2.50

Valid after 9.30 Monday to Friday and all day Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
Railcards are not valid for use with this product.
Day Saver tickets are not valid for use on the City line.

For off-peak train travel, a Merseyrail Day Saver can be a bargain.

Day Saver Fares 1 Zone
Adult (19yrs+) £3.70
Young Person (5-18yrs) £1.85

Day Saver Fares All Zones - as far as Ormskirk, Southport and Chester
Adult (19yrs+) £5.00
Young Person (5-18yrs) £2.50

Valid after 9.30 Monday to Friday and all day Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
Railcards are not valid for use with this product.
Day Saver tickets are not valid for use on the City line.

If I might say, if you're using the bus and/or ferry too, Saveaway for an extra 5p, 10p or 20p is also a decent buy.

My train arrives at line at 12:10 and have to pick up my ticket. Queues were crazy last time and as efficient as that office is I think I'm going to miss the start. Thoughts? Am I being a plum?

Also realised I'll be getting a train with all the hammers so no colours for me!

My train arrives at line at 12:10 and have to pick up my ticket. Queues were crazy last time and as efficient as that office is I think I'm going to miss the start. Thoughts? Am I being a plum?

Also realised I'll be getting a train with all the hammers so no colours for me!

Get straight there and you'll be fine mate. Haven't left much time for a pint though!

Status
Not open for further replies.