Training break

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with people thinking this is a doss?

If they could just do the same with an array of space heaters in Knowsley, they would. At this point in the season, I'd much rather they spent as much free time as possible training in sunshine than playing closed doors friendlies against the local lower-league grocks in driving hail. If they get a bit of time off to play golf, so be it. Whatever it takes to get them performing with a full complement of hamstrings.

Is it just me or is this going to the middle east for training a load of nonsence?

considering our season so far, is this not the time you want the team grafting on the pitch in the wind and rain and fighting for every ball? Never mind taking our foot off the pedal we need to be kicking the pedal! Call me old fashioned but now is the time for team unity and a little bit of grit and fight in them, not a jolly over to the other side of the world to get away from the cold for a bit.

Its winter in Qatar so its not hot, warm during the days (temperature in 20s) and cold during the night.

I hope they stay in "aspire" academy, one of the best in the world.

Apart from half a million locals, the rest of 2-3 population are foreigners, lot of English too but in general the players will move around without anyone recognising/bothering them.

Glad its not Dubai, lot of destruction there while in Qatar they have no where to go so it will be good for them to stick with each others and think about football (nothing else to do)

Is it just me or is this going to the middle east for training a load of nonsence?

considering our season so far, is this not the time you want the team grafting on the pitch in the wind and rain and fighting for every ball? Never mind taking our foot off the pedal we need to be kicking the pedal! Call me old fashioned but now is the time for team unity and a little bit of grit and fight in them, not a jolly over to the other side of the world to get away from the cold for a bit.

Different ways to skin a cat.

Martinez and the coaching staff believe that a 'jolly', as you put it, is the way to get a bit more team spirit and get the guys mind off the impending doom that is surrounding Goodison and Finch Farm.

Different ways to skin a cat.

Martinez and the coaching staff believe that a 'jolly', as you put it, is the way to get a bit more team spirit and get the guys mind off the impending doom that is surrounding Goodison and Finch Farm.
We did it last year as well if i remember. Loads of lads pictures from it put online.

And we got beat when we got back.............

not blaming that for us losing the game or the bad performance following it but we dont need team spirit if martinez is any good at his job. We need fight and 11 players willing to run themselves into the ground to turn this season around and at least gain that pride back. Having a laugh in Quatar wont give us that.

Going on this seasons performances

Totally agree with you on this one

Yeah, I'd much rather our players with fragile hamstrings are forced to train in -5 temperatures, snow & ice at Finch Farm. That'll teach them!

:coffee:
You're saying there's no way they could at least stay in the country and do some training indoors somewhere?
Going to Qatar in the middle of the season is daft whatever way you look at it

You're saying there's no way they could at least stay in the country and do some training indoors somewhere?
Going to Qatar in the middle of the season is daft whatever way you look at it

At least 3 other premiership clubs are doing exactly the same this week alone, hardly a unique idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.