Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Played well and deserved more but you simply cannot miss as many chances as we did and you cannot rely on refs and Var for anything, period. They are there to protect the scab 6 and hinder the rest. We have to win by being more clinical and that is an area we still need to improve on massively or we will have more games like this were we feel as though we deserved more and were robbed.

I am left feeling frustrated and disappointed regardless of our performance.

That was a great performance.

We bossed them, I know it’s about results, but they couldn’t handle us.
Mad, mad game. I can't remember the last time I almost actually enjoyed a game we lost. You're going to lose games especially at place like Spurs but that was at least going down with a fight.

Even with the terrible start, we should never have lost that. Some extremely poor reffing, some bad decisions in attack, and some real bad luck

Spurs don't deserve those points at all. But such is life and such is football
They have deserved about half the points I’ve watched them get - bang average side who look clueless defensively

More of a threat in 20mins than McNeil or Harrison have been all season. He’d be be on more than 2 goals if he’d had the minutes then 2 have had
But we would have conceded a lot more too because he doesn't put in the work that those two do. That's why he doesn't play

The DCL goal was a goal. No doubt about it.

Both the referee and linesman have fantastic views of it, on both sides, and neither see a foul. They then look at a replay which falls way way short of proving there was a foul.

And then some of the horror decisions.

Pen in the first half.
Nothing free kicks all over the show.
2 clear as day corners.

Would hang my head in shame to be a ref in this league. State of them
This is my real problem. I can in most instances understand a referee making a mistake, but a VAR official with all the time and angles, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.