Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on - they’re easy on the eye going forward but top sides will obliterate that style of defending.

Unfortunately our Achilles heel is picking well weighted passes and keeping composure in the final third - we’re a highly energetic outfit now - everyone putting in a shift - we just lack that quality.

Ironically it could be the best game for Gomes to come in to.
I was raging at the sub, but he's done alright and does have quality on the ball. Completely spot on with all that for me, we can effect the final third but just haven't added the quality.

Spurs have ridden their luck all season, they are there to be smashed but gifting them that second goal has likely killed us.

Didn't have Andre Gomes turning back in to the Valencia version on my christmas wish list but il take it, imagine the player with his technique and Doucoure's physicals.

As for this game, one sides been clinical the other one hasn't.

Good end to the half but have to put the ball in the net early 2nd half if we're going to have any hope.
Always had great vision and touch. Just legs give out. Nice game since coming on.

Am I going to get mad when the players are obviously running on fumes? No. We are trying. Our decision making has been pretty awful around the box. At least we are losing to a team at the top of the table and we have City next week as a throwaway game until Doucore comes back. Just need to regroup after the new year.
My Spurs-supporting relatives are not not confident about holding on to the lead

I can see why there are reports of us being interested in bringing another winger in, McNeil and Harrison are both so wasteful at times that it makes it hard to create patterns of play/chances with both in the team at the same time.
I can see why there are reports of us being interested in bringing another winger in, McNeil and Harrison are both so wasteful at times that it makes it hard to create patterns of play/chances with both in the team at the same time.
They both play every game and get through some serious mileage pressing etc. Cant expect them to be at their sharpest every time they get the ball when they run their arse off all game

I don't really understand how xg is worked out. Apparently we have had better xg than spurs in the first half. But richarlisons goal was a tap in which should alone be around 0.75xg and brennan Johnsons miss was awful and should have been another tap in which is another 0.75xg at least and then son scored which you'd probably give at least 0.4xg. And with other chances surely they should be around 2xg but only showing 0.8

IMO we shouldn`t be signing him for anything above £10m, better options out there!
The issue isn't the transfer fee it is the wages and the place in the squad. You're giving him a deal to take him to age 30 or 31 and he's already a wide player that can't beat fullbacks 1v1. He's going to be loaned out to Coventry by the end of that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.