torres penalty claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffeestillidie

Player Valuation: £35m
whatchya think???

i'd say maybe, if it were our guy who went down like that it wouldn't have been given in a million years, but i'm surprised the [Poor language removed] didn't get a penalty out of that. overall i thought this derby was reffed very well, better than cuntenberg for sure.

Clattenberg would have given it for sure.

I think Webb did a good job today overall.

struggling to disagree (yeah i know, i am as surprised as you are) thought if we deserved two bookings they at least deserved one or two.

as for the penalty shout, reminded me of the jimmy floyd hasselbank one from years ago, tripped himself up - there is shielding the ball and there is stepping into a player.

oh, and clattenburg is the cancer that crawls the earth.

I will say though that I thought Torres was absolutely looking for contact. The minute he felt Jags on his back, he went down like he was shot.

i thought it was a pen

and i also think Webb had an off game. Didn't get anything major wrong... but every foul were its 50/50 if you can give it or not, he gave it for Liverpool and not for us.

Would have been a weak penalty, I hate those. Torres is so good at getting into a position where he can be easily fouled without intent. Credit to Webb for being unfazed by the kop.

whatchya think???

i'd say maybe, if it were our guy who went down like that it wouldn't have been given in a million years, but i'm surprised the [Poor language removed] didn't get a penalty out of that. overall i thought this derby was reffed very well, better than cuntenberg for sure.

There should be a thread for "Anichebe Penalty Claim". Instead the RS in work tomorrow will be bemoaning that they where robbed. They will have already forgotten Clattencunt.

I do not give a f****** [Poor language removed] for Torres' penaly claim. Who the hell cares, f*** the T***. Best thing is he did not score.;)

I seem to be the only person who thinks it was pretty blatant.

Jags put his legs between Torres', didn't touch the ball and clearly caused him to lose balance and go to ground.

And i'm sorry but thats a foul.

[Poor language removed] glad it wasn't goven and its nice to have a decison in front of the cock end go our way for once.

The Reds thought they had won a penalty early in the second half when Fernando Torres went down under pressure from Jagielka only for Webb to wave away their claims.

"He's run into me and gone down," Jagielka told Setanta Sports 1. "Thankfully the referee has seen it that way. I didn't really try to make a tackle."

WHAT? lol

I seem to be the only person who thinks it was pretty blatant.

Jags put his legs between Torres', didn't touch the ball and clearly caused him to lose balance and go to ground.

And i'm sorry but thats a foul.

[Poor language removed] glad it wasn't goven and its nice to have a decison in front of the cock end go our way for once.

We all know when Torres wins a penalty, he falls backwards everytime he feels is is clipped. This is the first time he has fell forwards to my knowledge. At best, it was an accidental collision, but Keane done his best to also fall to the ground for his personal claim. Benayoun only entered the fray because he is also prone to hit the deck easily and only the boy wonder is capable of being a match winner. RS a one man team, you bet your life they are!!

No way was it a penalty.

The Refs got it right, and I reckon Keane going down a split second before that has made up Webbs mind that its not a peno.

Webb was pretty solid today i thought. Gave away loads against us early but evened it up during the game.

The Reds thought they had won a penalty early in the second half when Fernando Torres went down under pressure from Jagielka only for Webb to wave away their claims.

"He's run into me and gone down," Jagielka told Setanta Sports 1. "Thankfully the referee has seen it that way. I didn't really try to make a tackle."

WHAT? lol

Translated :

"I fouled him but ain't gonan admit it so i'll make up an unbelivable excuse and blame torres just to piss the rs off that little bit more"

Status
Not open for further replies.