Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference to the trajectory of the club if we get top 4 is huge.

We have a brilliant mix of experience and youth.

If we secured CL football we’d retain our best players, and be in the driving seat to buy a few very good players to keep building in time for the BM move.

Carlo is Champions League football.

We have to be optimistic now.
However I generally am optimistic , so generally also end up disappointed.
Relieved we got past Southampton , but would be really cheesed off if we "Everton that" against BFS.
It's really strange , but nowadays I feel more confident when we play the better sides.

Genuinely think it would be the ultimately version of “Everton that”, having went to Spurs, Leicester, Wolves and Liverpool and won, and drawing with United to continue an amazing unbeaten run away from home.

So here comes big Sam with a massive middle finger to mostly our fanbase to ruin the momentum ahd wreck the season.

Proce me wrong lads. Our biggest game since the Martinez Arsenal game we won 3-0.

Genuinely think it would be the ultimately version of “Everton that”, having went to Spurs, Leicester, Wolves and Liverpool and won, and drawing with United to continue an amazing unbeaten run away from home.

So here comes big Sam with a massive middle finger to mostly our fanbase to ruin the momentum ahd wreck the season.

Proce me wrong lads. Our biggest game since the Martinez Arsenal game we won 3-0.

Carlo is doing Allardyce tomorrow. Southampton was the worrying one. We’re seeing off West Brom and then Chelsea (I retract all of this immediately so no jinxes)

Would be amazing but can’t see us finishing in the top four. Our home form just isn’t good enough.

Refuse to get excited about top 4 chances just yet, in Martinez first season we went 4th with maybe 6 games left, it all fell apart quickly and we only had Arsenal to contend with then. The Newcastle and Fulham games are much too fresh in the memory for me also, reading a stat earlier we have less shots on target this season than Burnley, 17th in that particular statistic. But our goals to shot ratio is 15% that's double our nearest neighbours.

9 of our 13 victories have been by 1 goal. Resilient bunch we are, but is it sustainable over a full season?

Let's just beat West Brom

Refuse to get excited about top 4 chances just yet, in Martinez first season we went 4th with maybe 6 games left, it all fell apart quickly and we only had Arsenal to contend with then. The Newcastle and Fulham games are much too fresh in the memory for me also, reading a stat earlier we have less shots on target this season than Burnley, 17th in that particular statistic. But our goals to shot ratio is 15% that's double our nearest neighbours.

9 of our 13 victories have been by 1 goal. Resilient bunch we are, but is it sustainable over a full season?

I feel the same, yes we beat Southampton but 1 shot on goal in the game...
If Richy hadn't taken that chance it could easily have been another Fulham/Newcastle result.
I cant help but feel if we dont start creating more chances against the teams that sit back against us there will be more poor results against lower teams.
I truly hope I'm wrong....
On the bright side having City last match is a huge bonus, league will be long over...if we have something to play for surely they wouldn't want a fight on their hands before their summer holidays

If Richy hadn't taken that chance it could easily have been another Fulham/Newcastle result.
I cant help but feel if we dont start creating more chances against the teams that sit back against us there will be more poor results against lower teams.
On the bright side having City last match is a huge bonus, league will be long over...if we have something to play for surely they wouldn't want a fight on their hands before their summer holidays
I'm a taxi eh!

They will potentially have the Champions League final the week after. Sadly City's second team would probably beat most teams in the league

Im hopeful. Must win tomorrow.That win at Anfield could mean so much if we can pull it off. Great night for us tonight 3 potential rivals dropping points. Come on you blues !!

When we finished 4th in 2005, 14 of our 18 wins were by 1 goal (9 of them 1-0). Up the boring Toffees

Status
Not open for further replies.