Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think we needed to have some brilliant luck with injuries to get top 4, we had about 9 out injured today (if you include Sigurdsson, Mina and Coleman). Then not including Allan and Davies (both obviously not 100%), and Pickford who came off. Some have had niggles and played (DCL and probably a few more we don’t know about). Hard to get a side settled and in rhythm, whilst at the same time don’t want to lose anymore to little hamstring niggles.

The annoying performances at home to Burnley, Leeds, Fulham and Newcastle have been frustrating and we need more in those games but again it’s harder without a right hand side and we become predictable making everything go down the left. Midfield is scared to go and press because it doesn’t have the mobility, always seems a big gaping hole in games against bottom half sides between the forwards who press, and midfield who seem reluctant to go into their final third, whereas against sides in the top half we look a lot more structured and organised in our shape. We’ve made Harrison Reed and Kalvin Phillips look like prime Pirlo this season. We don’t have the individual brilliance of a Kane or Son to get us out of trouble either.

Sick of spending Saturday nights fume because we make Chris Wood and Callum Wilson look unplayable dropping deep, but here we are lads

6 wins from 10 needed...

Not happening now Zat. I think tonight was a massive blow for European togger. FA Cup or bust now imo. We've had so many chances to move into a serious position of strength and have failed every time.

Injuries or not we shouldn't be getting outplayed with such ease against Burnley at home. Embarrassing lack of application from the team and management and we looked severely under prepared for Burnley.

We've won a lot of games this season where we haven't looked very good. Our position in the table far exceeds our performances, especially against the "weaker" teams. We're designed to sit back and hope teams can't score against us. We're actually designed like Burnley but with more quality in the first 11. I read that before yesterday's game we were 17th for shots attempted. It's difficult to succeed if you don't shoot.

Watched on Astrosport via HesGoal, our 4-3 win over Derby in 2002 (was waiting for the Man City game to start).

Never knew Ravenelli played for Derby; that was two Premier League relegations out of two for him as a result, with the first being because the FA are shyteheads and took three points off Boro all because of postponing a fixture.

Dunc’s goal to make it 4-1 was quite a cracker.

Hopefully we will be revitalised next season and go for top 4 again. We blew it tonight sadly.

Not happening now Zat. I think tonight was a massive blow for European togger. FA Cup or bust now imo. We've had so many chances to move into a serious position of strength and have failed every time.

Injuries or not we shouldn't be getting outplayed with such ease against Burnley at home. Embarrassing lack of application from the team and management and we looked severely under prepared for Burnley.
For the last 15 years except Martinez's first year. Technically we took that opportunity except bottled it the next match against Palace.

Its a huge task but still achievable with the games we, and others have.

Palace H
Brighton A
Spurs H
Arsenal A
Villa H
West Ham A
Sheff Utd H
Wolves H
City A
+ Villa A

Win the Villa away game in hand and were only 2pts off Chelsea.

If we can win 5 of the others + 2 draws that puts us on 66pts which i think will be top 6 easily and possibly top 4.

Think we will be 8th tonight & finish 9th (behind Arsenal) or 10th (behind Villa) dependent upon our results against Villa which is probably about where the squad is. Any higher & it’s down to Carlo.
Need a Carlo masterplan to beat City & win the Cup.

Its a huge task but still achievable with the games we, and others have.

Palace H
Brighton A
Spurs H
Arsenal A
Villa H
West Ham A
Sheff Utd H
Wolves H
City A
+ Villa A

Win the Villa away game in hand and were only 2pts off Chelsea.

If we can win 5 of the others + 2 draws that puts us on 66pts which i think will be top 6 easily and possibly top 4.
Your optimism astounds me but well done. You are definitely in the minority but fair play to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.