Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely gobsmacked at how people somehow think a Premier League footballer who has consistently signed new contracts for the past decade isn't earning as much as the average wage in the league. Do people think he's working for free? Of course he's earning more than 30k a week. Disgraceful the last two or possibly even three contracts that have been handed his way.

You all know he's contracted until NEXT summer dont you?

Ditto Osman, Pienaar, Gibson and Kone.

Good old Gaz Baz will still be lording it on 65K a week until 2017.

Yes 2017.

Rest easy though Howards our number 1 for another 3 and a half years. Along with Aiden and his sexy stepovers.

Meanwhile Garbutts off on a free.

ffs Everton.

......regardless of his salary now, can imagine that players of his age and type will be paid a lot more in future after the latest TV deal. The amounts sound staggering to mere mortals like us but ordinary footballers on PremierLeague contracts are very rich men indeed.

Genuinely gobsmacked at how people somehow think a Premier League footballer who has consistently signed new contracts for the past decade isn't earning as much as the average wage in the league. Do people think he's working for free? Of course he's earning more than 30k a week. Disgraceful the last two or possibly even three contracts that have been handed his way.

hehe..always love this hissyfit word thrown around in the forum. Normally for nothing issues, like this one here

I would say that the last contract signed was probably closer to 20k per week than 30k, maybe even less.
At that Hibbert had already fallen down the pecking order was into his thirties and has fitness issues.
The contract is help provide cover until youngsters like Jones and Kenny are ready to get involved in the first team squad . I reckon
Hibbert is already involved in coaching or mentoring young players.

Hibbert has always been at Everton and I could not see him going anywhere else at this stage of his career. By the standards of the man in the steet he is still earning a fortune but I would expect that as premiership players go he is probably close to the bottom of the pile, certainly bottom of the Everton pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.