2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Allan, DVB, Delph aren't fit would you start Tom as a six over Gomes? You know what I think I might he would give his all to save us I know that
Carlo played him as a 6 a few times last year, in a 433. If he ever makes it with us, it will be in that role. My guess is that Lampard will give him a chance to prove it over the summer and by next January he will either have made it or he'll be sold.

Christ TD and even Gbamin could have actually been useful squad members, TD unlucky to get such an injury but we could've used his legs once or twice. Gbamin treated incredibly poorly, never given a chance to gain his match fitness; meanwhile Rondon gets all the chances in the world despite utterly stinking the gaff out weekly.

I think we've seen enough, if we're honest. Poor in the air, technically very limited, a "good athlete". So was Paula Radcliffe. And he's more Paula than Kevin as far as I can see. He's had the best part of two years here. It's been deeply underwhelming.
Not sure “deeply underwhelming” is entirely fair! Last season was largely filling in in three different positions, right back, left back and centre half - but never really got a proper run of games in any of them!
This season he started with COVID which clearly had an impact on his fitness, particularly his speed! Then like everyone else he had to suffer the Benitez effect/impact, and since Lampard’s been here he’s hardly played because of injury!

Personally, I want Tom Davies to be given a chance under Frank Lampard to see if he can improve.
He's almost 24 you still think he's a late bloomer ? how many managers has he played under and even when fit wasn't a regular starter? we need to stop this with keeping players that are not going to make it Kenny, Davies and giving extended contract to players that are not good enough the list of players we need to get rid of never shortens every end of season with our lot

That's fair comment, but then you think of the alternative. Andre Gomes. At least Davies would provide some energy. I am no fan of the skat8erboy, but needs must. Playing with Gomes is playing with 10. Playing with Davies is playing with fire. Hobson's choice.
I suppose it depends on if whether it's five at the back / conceding midfield or 4-4-3 / needing to compete in there.

If Lampard continues with this 5-2-3, it doesn't really matter if Davies does play. As you say, it won't be any worse than Gomes.

I suppose it depends on if whether it's five at the back / conceding midfield or 4-4-3 / needing to compete in there.

If Lampard continues with this 5-2-3, it doesn't really matter if Davies does play. As you say, it won't be any worse than Gomes.
I think we will continue with the 5-2-3/3-4-3 thing going forward. Its what Wolves played under Thelwell and it seems to be what we are doing here now. I have no issue with it once we get the correct players for it.

I like him, and think there's a decent footballer in there somewhere, but that really wound me up - 10 mins of football left to play and we're desperately trying to calm the game down - he legs it on and screams in DCL'S face? Was very odd
He's first, and foremost, an Evertonian.
He knows EXACTLY what that goal means to you, me, him, every single one of us.

Any excuse to have a dig at the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.