2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had a bit of pace he could be a squad player... always gives the impression he has lead boots on.
Yeah, I'm not sure Tom's gifts were ever pace, I see him more in the Allan role, if he had a Gueye type next to him...he has delivered some inch perfect through balls over the years.
I just wish we had recruited better ...all the local lads have struggled more because of having average around them. How much better would Anthony look in a more progressive side that is able to keep possession in dangerous areas.

Lampard says he sees him as an 8. For England u21s he looked good as a 6.

Seems to be going the way of Jonjoe Kenny and needs to have an impact this season.
Big year for the young man for certain. He can play but I feel he's been failed by pretty much every manager we have had bar Carlo. Be great to have Lampard guiding him if he sees him as an 8 though.

He's just too lightweight for me
TBF, you try holding off the likes of Bissouma and Ndidi and Kovacic and Soucek when you're wearing your nan's wardrobe.

Not as easy as it sounds. ?

tddcl.jpg

Lampard says he sees him as an 8. For England u21s he looked good as a 6.

Seems to be going the way of Jonjoe Kenny and needs to have an impact this season.
He's clearly an 8 IMO. That's the position he played in his breakout season where he looked quite good. Since then he's been mostly gash as a 6. Whenever I saw him for the U21s I thought he looked gash as a 6 too. There was one game in the euros where he was laughably bad.

The only way I can see him offering to the squad is if he somehow gets himself unbelievably in shape this season, and plays as one of the two attacking mids in a 433 surrounded by two players who have lots of legs.

Any other circumstances his lack of pace just destroys him. He’s also looked fat too laboured in recent seasons compared to when he first burst on the scene.

5 months younger than Godfrey yet Godfrey has time to mature and improve but Davies doesn't. It's highly unlikely that either will ever be regulars in a top 6 team but the double standards from some is astonishing

5 months younger than Godfrey yet Godfrey has time to mature and improve but Davies doesn't. It's highly unlikely that either will ever be regulars in a top 6 team but the double standards from some is astonishing
TBF it's probably because Godfrey is still seen as relatively new to the squad and has gone from being brilliant under Carlo to poor under RB/FL, wheres Davies has been around for years, has always been a bit part player (still not sure if he's a 6 or 8) giving average performances and would no doubt have been moved on at some point if he wasn't "one of our own".

Big year for the young man for certain. He can play but I feel he's been failed by pretty much every manager we have had bar Carlo. Be great to have Lampard guiding him if he sees him as an 8 though.

He wasnt exactly pulling up tree's under ancelotti. Lets not alter history.
Cant really be blaming every manager either. I mean what a get out of jail card that is.
He's just not mobile enough or good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.