2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but I'd rather keep him in a more frenetic environment in a side challenging for something. I don't see that happening in Serie A with him also getting the match time he needs. Finding the right loan for him is likely difficult, unfortunately. Him and Dom were very much in the same spot at one point but Dom's gotten a bit of fortune in that his competition hasn't been ideal, so he's been getting the minutes (and taken advantage, obviously).
Honestly DCL grabbed his chance with both hands but for a long time didn't show much to repay the faith. He has matured so much as a player and seeing as him and Tom are good mates they seem to want to play for and look out for each other when they are on the pitch. You could be right about higher pressure and speed but in somewhere a bit slower he might be able to develop his passing more. He tried a lobbed ball a couple of times vs West Ham and although it didn't come off it was a decent idea. Other times has shown some decent vision too.

Honestly DCL grabbed his chance with both hands but for a long time didn't show much to repay the faith. He has matured so much as a player and seeing as him and Tom are good mates they seem to want to play for and look out for each other when they are on the pitch. You could be right about higher pressure and speed but in somewhere a bit slower he might be able to develop his passing more. He tried a lobbed ball a couple of times vs West Ham and although it didn't come off it was a decent idea. Other times has shown some decent vision too.

I like the way he tries to play...it's just all about execution, picking spots etc. HE NEEDS MINUTES! You can attempt to coach this all you want but they've gotta' be able to put it to work, under pressure.

I can't believe a premier League footballer can't do a simple ten yard pass, unfortunately we have more than most. Maybe most footballers are just glorified amateurs.

Hes been fed with the silver spoon for too long. Send him to the championship on loan or to Greece. So he knows the harsh reality then if he proves his worth take him back??
This kid sucks, he's over hyped just because he's from England and from the academy. Seriously who cares. He would never make any of the top 10 squads...

He was no worse than the others, thought he was alright for first 60 minutes, after 70 minutes his head kinda went
He was worse than doucoure, he was far worse than gomes when he came on and he was far worse than what Allan would have produced, considering these 4 are the CM options that's not good.

He was worse than doucoure, he was far worse than gomes when he came on and he was far worse than what Allan would have produced, considering these 4 are the CM options that's not good.
Gomes has been shocking all season and Allan is injured. Toms performance in the game prior was better than any of Gomes games. I’m not going to give credit to Gomes for deciding to turn up for once with a late cameo off the bench

Gomes has been shocking all season and Allan is injured. Toms performance in the game prior was better than any of Gomes games. I’m not going to give credit to Gomes for deciding to turn up for once with a late cameo off the bench
But you just said he was no worse than anyone else, when infact he was the worst out of all the CMS on show that day, I'm not talking about other games.

For a lot of the first half against WHU I thought he was doing OK, having a fairly decent game. Then you look at it thoughtfully and see - well if that was in the championship he would be having a good game. Despite the game being dire on Friday he didn’t look as if he could provide that extra bit of quality - in fact as I watched more he seemed to fit right in. I like TD for what he can do, for what he does for the people of the city right now. Unfortunately he’s not top quality and maybe a loan or permanent transfer to the championship or maybe Fulham will help him. In all honesty I think , unfortunately for him that his long term future lies away from EFC.

People saying oh the lad just needs minutes and more time. WHAT?!? He’s been in the team for 5 years, played well over 100 PL games for us. As far as the squad is concerned he’s one of our more experienced players.

Total nonsense, get him out. No where near the level and can only show up against dreadful teams, aka Sheffield and early in the cups. It’s been said to death but if he wasn’t local he’d have been gone long ago, look at Baningime and Pennington that’s gonna be Davies too, mid 20s no value and still stuck in the team because no one else will offer anything near the wages he’s on here.

Mo Besic is twice the player and showed more than Davies ever did and he’s not even registered in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.