2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was excellent. It was only a cameo role but he literally saved that game for us today in my opinion. We were being totally overrun when he came on but he shored up the midfield very quickly, was cool and calm in possession when more senior players were hoofing it all over the place, and was the only player who tried to get forward in support of Dom.

Well done Tom. Credit where credit due today.

I dont think they had an effort on goal after he came on today. He did very well.

Did exactly the job that he should have been asked to do for the past 3 years.... Which is to come on and do a specific task and earn his stripes and develop.

Instead he was tasked with starting games ahead of experienced international footballers earning £130k a week who don't really like playing football when it involves hardwork or tackling and stuff.

Well done today Tom. Great block when you came on and did all you were asked of.

Are Everton fans ok with mediocre ? Win nothing, get bossed about by all the big (and small as happened today) teams - bottom half of the table.

Answer Yes then great - keep Tom Davis, Sigs, Delph, Gomez and Bernard.

I am not happy with Mediocre

Watching the RS dismantle Leicester with about 4 fit senior players shows how far behind Everton are - so the bigger question I will ask if how many people have had an eye test in the last 2 or 3 years

At a stretch Everton have 5 maybe 6 players who would get into a matchday team of a top 6 side.

I have been to get my eyes tested

Are Everton fans ok with mediocre ? Win nothing, get bossed about by all the big (and small as happened today) teams - bottom half of the table.

Watching the RS dismantle Leicester with about 4 fit senior players shows how far behind Everton are - so the bigger question I will ask if how many people have had an eye test in the last 2 or 3 years

At a stretch Everton have 5 maybe 6 players who would get into a matchday team of a top 6 side.

I was trying to find the post that somehow indicated that Tom Davies is the type of player that Carlo needs to build the side around ..... I couldn't find one

All I've seen is people say that Tom came on when heads were dropping off and we couldn't stop Fulham walking through midfield. He did a good job.....

I was trying to find the post that somehow indicated that Tom Davies is the type of player that Carlo needs to build the side around ..... I couldn't find one

All I've seen is people say that Tom came on when heads were dropping off and we couldn't stop Fulham walking through midfield. He did a good job.....

Any fans who think Tom is useful really need a look in the mirror - Fulham are pants, Everton need some major signings to even think about finishing near the top 6 - far too much dead wood left over from that Steve Walsh ..and afterwards - sending Schneiderlin packing was a good start but more need to follow him out

Difference is tho you get a couple of players to slot in each window those players you mentioned might not be right but you've got to get the right personnel first to push some aside once this is done you get a odd player just to slot in like the scum over the park are doing. I'm confident were going in the right direction but it will take time to get were we want to be imo

Any fans who think Tom is useful really need a look in the mirror - Fulham are pants, Everton need some major signings to even think about finishing near the top 6 - far too much dead wood left over from that Steve Walsh ..and afterwards - sending Schneiderlin packing was a good start but more need to follow him out

So you wouldn't have brought him on today then no? Who would you have brought on to stop Fulham overrunning us???

Not a single Evertonian wants them to play long term what are you on about? Iwobi did a job today and Davies did a job today, that doesn’t stop us from all wanting a team built around Richarlison, DCL and Digne with players of their quality like how we just brought in James, Allan and to a lesser extent Doucoure.

So you wouldn't have brought him on today then no? Who would you have brought on to stop Fulham overrunning us???

Yes he did a job today, the bigger picture is Fulham are woeful, if we are dependent on Tom to nullify teams then god help us. If Gomez was any use he could have been playing - ditto to Delph and against a relegation bound team it speaks volumes of the lack of quality in the team

Everton were all over the shop in defence today and have been for ages, Coleman looks crocked so unless we sort out the back we will be in the same situation next week.

My team for Leeds

Holgate | Godfrey | Keane | Digne

Allan Doucoure
Iwobi

James DCL Richarlison

He did really well today, came on and was that fresh pair of legs we so badly needed in the centre of the pitch. It was like against Leicester at Goodison last year, Ancelotti sent him on to simply mark the space in front of the box and nothing else, and surprisingly he did his task excellently just like he did today. Perhaps that's his role in a midfield finally figured out, the player whom comes on and just makes a nuisance of himself whenever we need a breather. Keita does it a lot for the RS, Fellaini too when he was at United (different build obviously). It's thankless job but most squads need an option who will do that stuff.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.